EXS24 Multichannel

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hy there folks...i having problem using logic 5.5.1 and exs sampler

How can i separate loaded samples (ex. bass, snare, hat) into separate channel, so i can set a reverb or compression on each sound?

Thnx in advance

- Load the EXS as a multichannel plugin.
- Load the patch in question.
- Open the patch in the editor.
- Go to each zone's or group's (depending on how the zones are organized) output pulldown and select separate outs for each instrument. Then save the instrument (preferably under a new name).
- Create some aux objects in the environment mixer.
- Set the aux objects' input to the according EXS output.

Next step: Get Battery or whatever fine drumsampler. Will make these things heaps easier.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

How can i create some aux objects? I have old version of logic, new version have '+' button

I have battery 3, but when i install it, it only appears in stereo group, not in multi channel?

NI Battery throughout its versions has consistently had problem of being recognized as multi instrument in Logic on PC
i'm afraid that's irrepairable
sometimes it's hard not to be an asshole © mellotronaut
you work so somebody can rest
Doing sound synthesis if organs is all you get, leave it alone

All Rights Deserved

LXNDR1 wrote:NI Battery throughout its versions has consistently had problem of being recognized as multi instrument in Logic on PC
Well, you need to adjust Battery's max. amount of outs to 16 in standalone mode, that will fix it.

Re: Creating Aux Objects
You need to copy or create an audio object manually and set it to "aux" in the environment's parameter box on the left.

Sascha Franck wrote:
LXNDR1 wrote:NI Battery throughout its versions has consistently had problem of being recognized as multi instrument in Logic on PC
Well, you need to adjust Battery's max. amount of outs to 16 in standalone mode, that will fix it.
i tried every workaround suggestion i could find on the web including this one, but neither of them worked for me :shrug:
sometimes it's hard not to be an asshole © mellotronaut
you work so somebody can rest
Doing sound synthesis if organs is all you get, leave it alone

All Rights Deserved

Sascha Franck wrote:

Re: Creating Aux Objects
You need to copy or create an audio object manually and set it to "aux" in the environment's parameter box on the left.
Thnx man, i did it...it's been seting manualy aux in parametar box, but battery still doesnt work :(

One more question, why does every first kick when the project is play is so muddy?i know that in ableton i'm uncheck fade in caption, and then it plays good, how can i do it in logic?

LXNDR1 wrote: i tried every workaround suggestion i could find on the web including this one, but neither of them worked for me :shrug:
Hm, maybe it's not working with Battery 3 anymore (I switched to OSX since the release of it), with Battery 2 it was just easy.

Sasha_Fishter wrote:One more question, why does every first kick when the project is play is so muddy?i know that in ableton i'm uncheck fade in caption, and then it plays good, how can i do it in logic?
Well, just one of the quite "normal" buffer problems, Logic/Win shows. You need to start things with a bit of a preroll whenever you want to listen to the first note exactly as it's meant to sound.

Return to “Instruments”