new mellow IDM track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.exitmusic.us/812.mp3

Lately I've really been liking U-he's VSTs. This uses ZebraCM as the main synth and theres a bit of MFM2 also.

Let me know how you think the transitions worked out or if you think the song is too repetitive.

yep, a bit too repetitive... (why did you ask :) ?). You use the filter properly, the drums are ok as yet (could you beef em up a bit?), some stutter and proper noise. I am not familiar with making this type of music, but I would favour a strange breakaway from the dnb-frame somewhere half way!

wonder what you'll come up with!

Cheers, Slug (37,2°)

I don't really like the way the groove sounds when the kick comes in. I know a lot of IDM plays on the sort of tension between fast, driven rhythms and quiet ambient parts, and that is a lot of the attraction to the genre, but it doesn't feel like the two parts really fit together. Maybe if there was a little more going on, rhythmically? As it is, it almost feels like two tracks spliced together. The sound design is excellent, though, and as a whole I like the track a lot.

Good not great

mhemnarch wrote:I don't really like the way the groove sounds when the kick comes in. I know a lot of IDM plays on the sort of tension between fast, driven rhythms and quiet ambient parts, and that is a lot of the attraction to the genre, but it doesn't feel like the two parts really fit together. Maybe if there was a little more going on, rhythmically? As it is, it almost feels like two tracks spliced together. The sound design is excellent, though, and as a whole I like the track a lot.
Thanks, I'll see if some EQ and reverb will help on the drums.

Return to “Music Cafe”