Pettinhouse samples converted to Shortcircuit?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Has anyone converted any of the free Pettinhouse samples to Shortcitcuit format?

If not, is this possible to do?

Yes, yesterday I tried it :-) Use Extreme Sample Converter to convert .kt2 files (renamed to .nki, so ESC can see them) to .sfz format. Shortcircuit is then able to load resulting .sfz, although some more minor modifications were still needed (like setting drum samples to 'forward shot' instead of plain 'forward', setting choke group on hihats etc).

pavouk100 wrote:Yes, yesterday I tried it :-) Use Extreme Sample Converter to convert .kt2 files (renamed to .nki, so ESC can see them) to .sfz format. Shortcircuit is then able to load resulting .sfz, although some more minor modifications were still needed (like setting drum samples to 'forward shot' instead of plain 'forward', setting choke group on hihats etc).
Cool! Is there anyway you could post these?

wow! are we talking the directbass samples? Would be AMAZING if you could post a working sfz!

I tried and failed in this task. I didn't think Short Circuit could do the round robin function... the sfz free plugin can! maybe that will play the extreme sample convertor conversion with no mods?

http://www.project5.com/products/instru ... efault.asp

I once mapped the direct bass free to wusikstation and made presets to make use of all the round robin features.

Shortcircuit doesn't do round robin I think, and also has no diskstreaming (which is very helpfull for libraries of this size)

Has anyone converted them to SFZ?

dickiefunk wrote:
pavouk100 wrote:Yes, yesterday I tried it :-) Use Extreme Sample Converter to convert .kt2 files (renamed to .nki, so ESC can see them) to .sfz format. Shortcircuit is then able to load resulting .sfz, although some more minor modifications were still needed (like setting drum samples to 'forward shot' instead of plain 'forward', setting choke group on hihats etc).
Cool! Is there anyway you could post these?
Unless Shortcircuit has some way of saving a "shell" of a multi where you provide the samples, that would be illegal.

Unless Shortcircuit has some way of saving a "shell" of a multi where you provide the samples, that would be illegal.
No it would not, we are talking about the free version of direct bass given away by the creator. Check the thread, he even converted it to .wav to help people trying to convert to different formats :D

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Hi,

I've just released DirectBass FREE.

It is a reduced articulation of the "BIG BROTHER" DirectBass sample library . It's not a demo version but a full articulation free to use.

This free version includes the bridge+neck pickup articulation and it has these features:

- 5 strings

- Direct recorded for using with your favorite amp simulator

- 3 layers

- 3 samples per each note in round robin

- noises when you release the key

- slides

- natural decay

For NI Kontakt 2.2

Download it here: http://www.pettinhouse.com/html/directbass.html

Ciao

Andrea

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”