To all KORG RADIAS users

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Want to know if you could use the KORG RADIAS as a drum machine,like the ELECTRIBE EMX,does the RADIAS have any additional drum sounds in it and can you make drum patterns step by step on the 16 pads,and after you make a beat,to mix it with a synth seq again from the synth?

Yes, I believe so (I don't own one myself, though). I think the radias also has some pretty cool drum synthesis, similar to the Er-1. I distinctly remember cooking up some cool snares and kicks on it at a local music store.

Why don't you download the manual from Korg?

Regards,

T
Eion Flow: Lush, cinematic electronica from the urban galaxy that is Tokyo, Japan. More on eionflow.com | Facebook | Soundcloud

I've been checking out the Radias, too, but it's been a little while since I played one. There's really nothing else like it in its price range.

I believe 1 of the 4 timbres in a program can be a drum kit (from which there are 32 to choose). You can have two 32-step sequencers (or one 64-step) TOTAL per patch, and can enter steps via the keyboard or buttons. So, I think you can have one drum sequence and one synth sequence simultaneously, but to change patterns you need to make each one a different patch, or assign sequences to note-ons and trigger with an external sequencer.

http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_prod_no=RADIAS

terreror wrote: can you make drum patterns step by step on the 16 pads
no it does not do that... I mean you cannot program it using the 16 steps leds/switches. Very funny, cause all the switches and chasing lights are there, but it is all for the show, you cannot program it drum machine style.

What it has is 1 timbre can be a drumset. You have 3 other timbres for synths. The drum waves in ROM are pretty good. Considering all the fx, the step sequencer and that you can use 1 timbre to filter the audio from the drums (internally) and add more fx, it can do a lot of digital madness, but it is not a drum machine. But the day they cross the electribes with the Radias they will have a winner on their hands....

Winstontaneous wrote: but to change patterns you need to make each one a different patch,
true, you cannot change patterns, or mute instruments on the fly so that is pretty limited :lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”