Advice on Hardware Setup - JV1080 - MDC 1 - PC

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IM LOVING HARDWARE AGAIN!!!
Hi i thought i'd sold my JV1080 and MDC 1 Modules back in 1998 when i went to work away,however my old man never got round to selling them for me and they were in a little cupboard still boxed as the day i got them for 10yrs...just plugged them in and they sound perfect..now i just need some help in setting them up and getting the sounds into my pc...i used to use an mc50 mk2 for my hardware so im not much on linking hardware to a computer environment.
i only have an m-audio 2496 pci card that's why im asking for advice..i want to link the JV1080 and the MDC 1 so i can use them in future projects...just been reminising about the sounds in th MDC 1...i think that the sounds are the same in the module as was the jv-08 dance expansion card....
are there any cubase maps for use with these two modules?

please tell me how best to set these up and recommend a soundcard or something so i can record straight audio and midi to my DAW...
Cheers Rob :wink:

I have a few synths with a (m-audio)midiman midisport, with four ports a,b,c,d. These show up in cubase so I can go ahead and do the midi work . When it comes it audio, I just mute all tracks except the one I want audio for and record it. (I'm just using an audiophile 2496 card, too)

yes but how can i get all the actual audio from the 2 sound modules into Cubase through the M-Audio 2496? does the midi sport output audio and midi or something? so is there a few jack inputs in the back of the 4x4 midi sport or am i missing something? seems to me like i need a mixer then into the back of the M-Audio 24/96 and hook the modules up to the midi sport for midi...
anyone? much appreciated.
rob :wink:

The 4x4 only does midi, no audio.
You need a mixer or an audio interface with more channels...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:The 4x4 only does midi, no audio.
You need a mixer or an audio interface with more channels...
right, I'm sorry I left out the obvious need for a mixer.

ok i bought a midi 8x8 off ebay today...will fit nice in the rack...recommend me a new sound card that has enough to support about 4-5 modules anyone?
cheers rob

rob_lee wrote:ok i bought a midi 8x8 off ebay today...will fit nice in the rack...recommend me a new sound card that has enough to support about 4-5 modules anyone?
cheers rob
If you want each module to have its own dedicated soundcard input, then you will need a 8 to 10-channel soundcard.

I find it better to use a 12 or 16-channel mixer and simply route the main output and perhaps one stereo bus to a 4-channel soundcard.
Listen to my latest album Astronauta at

http://www.facproductions.net

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”