Alesis Micron, toy or real synth?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bwwd wrote:I render in 192 :D
Anyway i had JP,you didnt and im pretty sceptic person,i heard a lot of synths and i dont think synth1 outperforms JP cause synth1 sounds like a toy on some sounds compared to roland synth , but with FX and other Vstis ,i dont need JP and you to tell me is it worthy to spend almost 500 $ on synth or have the sounds which i like for FREE.
Its mostly because of some synthlovers who tend to overhype some synths here on forums i was excited to buy JP,then i went down to the ground ,tested and i have my own point of view based on experience.
This week has been used for various combos of multiple Synth1, and one each of Oatmeal, zynaddsubfx, GenesisCM, Texture, and for fx, CMFuzz, IK Hendrix/Metal and the new scuzzphut 6.

The hardware sales guys are going to have a long, cold winter :-o :shock: :o
Went in to Guitar Center for my $20 Proteus X2, and 7SEVEN7 sales bots were waiting to pounce, and four more at the software counter. That is 9 more than were needed on a rainy thursday morning. How is that chain even surviving?

I have an Ion, and its a great synth. Tons of modulation options. You won't regret it.

That said, mine doesn't get much use anymore. Unlike some others here, I didn't replace it with VSTi's... I replaced it with an Alesis Andromeda. I thought the Ion sounded fantastic compared to a lot of VSTi's, but the Andromeda totally blows it out of the water. And if you're looking for a huge detuned lead sound, its hard to beat two analog oscillators and two subs per voice, and 16 voices of detuned unison, more or less yielding 64 analog oscillators. Personally, I'm not really into the whole fat trance lead thing that much, but since you mentioned it...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

bwwd wrote:I render in 192 :D
Anyway i had JP,you didnt and im pretty sceptic person,i heard a lot of synths and i dont think synth1 outperforms JP cause synth1 sounds like a toy on some sounds compared to roland synth , but with FX and other Vstis ,i dont need JP and you to tell me is it worthy to spend almost 500 $ on synth or have the sounds which i like for FREE.
Its mostly because of some synthlovers who tend to overhype some synths here on forums i was excited to buy JP,then i went down to the ground ,tested and i have my own point of view based on experience.
Who said i don't have a JP? Don't get me wrong, synth1 is a great synth and i use it all the time myself too.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”