Cantabile 2 - Midi control assignment

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Did you all notice that you now can assign almost everything to a midi controller? I fell over that while trying to right click on almost any button in Cantabile 2... even the bypass, mute and whatever button you might find can now be assigned to a midi controller... WOW!

I've just one wish on top... can we have assignments to PC keyboard keys too? Such a table would be the biggest bang and make control perfect imho... :D
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

TiUser wrote:can we have assignments to PC keyboard keys too? Such a table would be the biggest bang and make control perfect imho... :D
That would be cool but there's a number of issues here, including how does it work in co-operation with the on-screen keyboard (which uses just about every PC key anyway), what about standard keys that already do other things, does it disable when a text box is expecting user input, and I've also got some other outstanding requests for key + mouse move = controller.

Not that it can't be done, just alot to think about and I've got enough on my plate atm...

...needs no hurry imho, just keep it in mind for later or version 3... :D
Best regards, TiUser

bradr wrote:...how does it work in co-operation with the on-screen keyboard (which uses just about every PC key anyway), what about standard keys that already do other things, does it disable when a text box is expecting user input, and I've also got some other outstanding requests for key + mouse move = controller.
Maybe this table should be activated in live performance mode only...

When you use the PC keys to play notes there are not many keys left to assign anything... :D

The same with key + mouse functions...

I think live performance mode should work totally without any mouse actions, especially no dragging or sliding, so I guess live performance mode is the right place for such a PC key assignment table. 8)
Best regards, TiUser

Return to “Topten Software”