Audjoo forum up

Official support for: audjoo.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

This is the official forum for support of Audjoo products... only Helix at the moment... feel free to post questions and I'll try to answer them as fast and helpful as possible.

Jonas

Can I ask how long helix has been out? I've only just heard of it and i'm really impressed with the broad range of sounds.

can you tell us a little about yourself? What inspirations did you have whilst programming Helix? The main reason I was attracted to it is that from the audio demos on your site, I noticed alot of very similar sounds to the CEM based synths. That's not something I've heard from any VSTi so far, not to mention how capabale it is at creating other sounds. I"m really looking forward to spending more time with it!

an official welcome from me, jonas!
hope you're all good, nice to see you here with your own forum!
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

That's nice and handy you're on KVR Jonas. Will pick up Helix in the new year.
Regards

I'm a happy owner of Helix and am very glad that you now have a forum. Looking forward to hearing from Audjoo with future developments!

Proteus9 wrote:Can I ask how long helix has been out? I've only just heard of it and i'm really impressed with the broad range of sounds.
Hi P,

The Helix story began in early 2007. I had started many projects that never made it across the finish line... some did but never reached mass-appeal like http://www.audjoo.com/old/software/sawteeth/

I read a lot about aliasing, and how to avoid it, had some good discussions with my old friend Stefan H (steffocrs here at KVR, he studied EE and I CS, so he had a head start in the DSP world) about band limiting.

After getting something that sounded decent, I decided to make it public, to see if I could get any feedback. My idea at the time was to make it all open source and get some help from programmers.

About 30 versions later, I noticed that I got a lot of good feedback (brok impressed me the most with his golden ears for finding audible bugs) but not to much active help from programmers debugging and improving things, so I decided to go "commercial".

With a few beta testers I improved and added features.

The first version was sold the 3rd of November 2008.
Proteus9 wrote:can you tell us a little about yourself? What inspirations did you have whilst programming Helix?
I did music in high-school, switched to computers for university, got a "civil engineer" degree from Umea university. (similar to Masters), and worked in the video games industry ever since.

My goals with helix was less CPU-time (important in the games industry) and less artifacts (sound quality).
Proteus9 wrote:The main reason I was attracted to it is that from the audio demos on your site, I noticed alot of very similar sounds to the CEM based synths.
Do you mean CEM as in Curtis? One of my first synths was a Mirage... and my hero Chris Huelsbeck used a SQ80 a lot... so I sure like the CEM sound.

If I would try to pinpoint the "sound" of helix it would be something like "clean" and "precise".
Proteus9 wrote:That's not something I've heard from any VSTi so far, not to mention how capabale it is at creating other sounds. I"m really looking forward to spending more time with it!
I'm glad you like it, and I have plans to keep improving it for a long time ahead.

Jonas

Awesome. Just found out about helix and it sounds great. I hope to buy it someday. Just kinda low on funds right now.

Good luck with this. I downloaded the old free version many months ago and was extremely impressed (and bewildered) by it! :D

This baby sounds great ! "Clean and precise", I sure agree. I'd add that both low ang high end are amazingly and brilliantly cutting through the mix with breath-taking punch and elegance. In the 2008 top 3 for me (along Sylenth1 and Omni, no less).
Any possible "stimulating group-buy" (like the successfull Sylenth's one *) to celebrate this remarquable launch ? If so, I'd definitly go for it (in spite of my personal financial crisis...) to support your fantastic job as it deserves, Jonas.
Congratulations and good luck with it anyway.
nico from France
(*) I just got it for a cool 79€ (=94€ with f... french TVA), I certainly couln't have for 139+tax....

Oh awesome!! About time you had your own little support forum here, Jonas!

Happy new year to everyone by the way.

PS: Helix still sounds great and listenable on my old PC.

Hay, :)

just fond this now :oops:

:party:

Congrats Jonas, it's a very good thing to have you own forum here.
This is the official forum for support of Audjoo products... only Helix at the moment
and later ? any new projects... ? :)
You can't always get what you waaaant...

niconu wrote:Any possible "stimulating group-buy" (like the successfull Sylenth's one *) to celebrate this remarquable launch ? If so, I'd definitly go for it (in spite of my personal financial crisis...) to support your fantastic job as it deserves, Jonas.
+1

Just a big big thumb up for Helix ! And for Jonas who's been most efficient, friendly and helpful with my questions...
Yes... I just bought the baby... It kept obsessing me "a bit" for days, and early this (french) morning, Jonas had the words to make me fall for it without anymore waiting... And I'm glad he did ! The babe rocks alright.
It's a true pleasure to support such blokes as Jonas (just as nice and reactive as Lennard of Lennar Digital, btw... Sylenth and Helix get along so fine).
Come on : let's quit consuming industry's products and let's support creative developpers.
What helps them helps you, never forget it !
Take care, Jo !
nico

Return to “Audjoo”