Is it jazz or is it..........?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nice :) I've played with a few combos doing that sort of thing, I like the freedom of your piece..

I'm a drummer first, but play other things. I think your piece works well for the percussion. It does sounds like a jam, or first/second run through, and everyone's still getting to grips with what works and what doesn't before gelling into something for performance, which I guess from the title is possibly what you were aiming for..

I liked 'A Present Present' as well, very gentle..

Thanks duncan :)
I actually called this "The Jam" cause I had no idea how it would turn out :lol:
As for "A Preset Preset" the title was chose beacuse it's all made from preset sounds from my dx7 (which is from 1985 but I only just got it and mainly use it as a controller now)

K-Bee wrote:Can you fake jazz with electronic stuff?
It sounds nice but I don't know what you mean by faking anything - if it's jazz it's jazz - the instruments used don't matter one bit (they could be all electronic if you want - no reason why Jazz has to equal a particular instrument combo or sound)

danielmm wrote:
Cool track... maybe a little mechanical sounding for me which jazz or funk is not I think. Also, the drums are maybe a little too dominant or too far forward in the mix. It sort of feels that each instrument is plotting it's own course through the song rather than mingling together.

Thanks for sharing.
dano
Yep. Pretty much my own feel. And imho quite far from the sound of an acoustic trio (wich is certainly not a criteria in se btw for me, but can still be if the intention was to sound-fake (like) one .... :shrug:)

Thanks for sharing

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

aMUSEd wrote:
K-Bee wrote:Can you fake jazz with electronic stuff?
It sounds nice but I don't know what you mean by faking anything - if it's jazz it's jazz - the instruments used don't matter one bit (they could be all electronic if you want - no reason why Jazz has to equal a particular instrument combo or sound)
True. But usually jazz is about playing. Nothing here is actually played :wink:

Right - in that sense yes

Return to “Music Cafe”