Is there an unsolvable problem to ...

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there an unsolvable problem to send datas related to the harmonical structure and scales in use, of a composition ?

-I mean something similar to bpm datas that allow sync fonctions of LFO's (ex Palankar's neutronium ) or tempo-based delay lines (more feedback machine, karlette, etc...) but related to this other grounding aspects of musical composition ?

As an example among others (already suggested last year) : rather than a pitch-bend statically progammed by half-tone what about a pb progammed by STEPS ?

(P.S. many thanks to ben for the creation of this dedicated forum !!!)

Doesn't any of the developpers around here that would have any interest to debate about the question ?

-too bad !!!

Well, It would require support from the host which isnt there in the hosts out there today so the VST spec would have to updated.

Also, it would be quite easy to just let the users select a key and a scale in the editor and then base calcualtions on that.

yeah - the user :p

god help me if i ever play in-key :)

inter-instrument communication would really benefit my algorithmic vsti. but aren't we kinda stuck in the past? i haven't used them myself, but hows about bidule, ro traktion? aren't they somewhat modular? this mfx i hear of?

otherwise, count me in for f/w host dev next year :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos

...apologise, ...but i can't read you properly !

Don't be mercyless with people (MANY of them at least, i know !!!!) that don't have english as first language...please be explicit, i beg you !!!

Pukeweed

What about AU of RTAS specifications ?

All of you

Do you think it would be interesting enough to justify a kind of petition ?

:idea: :idea: :idea: [/quote]

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”