Surge or massive??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Featurewise, surge is better - possibility to load own wavetables to each oscillator.

Tronam wrote: The Virus' oscillators were never its strongest aspect
Did you ever tried to use Virus as a effect processor for external synthsizers? Try to use audio input in virus then you'll see you can't achieve that sound without oscillators.

Roman Wisniak wrote:Featurewise, surge is better - possibility to load own wavetables to each oscillator.

Tronam wrote: The Virus' oscillators were never its strongest aspect
Did you ever tried to use Virus as a effect processor for external synthsizers? Try to use audio input in virus then you'll see you can't achieve that sound without oscillators.
Yes I have and as an owner of both the Virus and Nord, I can attest to the kind of flat and weak sound of the Virus' oscillators in comparison, for example, to the Nord's. I never said the Virus had terrible oscillators, but after much programming of the Virus I just find them to be rather pedestrian and most of the "Virus sound" comes from the filter and effects. For pure oscillator power, the Nord's have a much bolder, rounder presence and sparkle (geez, I hate that word).

Return to “Instruments”