VST test tone frequency generator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I have been looking for a VSTi sound generator for a few days with no luck so I hope that someone in here can help. What I need is a VSTi test tone generator. I.e a simple sine wave generator where I can manipulate the frequency from e.g 1 Hz to 30.000 Hz. If anyone can help me out that would be much appreciated!

K

There are a few Free VSTi Test Tone Generators.
-mda TestTone
-Femme ToneGen

Those two are probably your Best bet.

You can find mda TestTone here
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/800.html

Femme ToneGen can be downloaded here
http://www.savefile.com/files/1753633

Aciddose had one as well, but I can't find it on his site... :shrug:

I decided to build a test tone ensemble in Reaktor. Will take some time but once done I'll post the link here.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Pretty much any vst synth or DAW can do that can't it?

Brilliant guys! - jobromedia, mda TestTone and Femme TestToen is very much what I have been looking for! Also look forward to the link jobromedia:) If possible it would be fantastic if the generator you are working on can also produce the non-audible freqz : ie 1 to 20 Hertz and 20.000 to e.g [as high as possible] hertz:)

K

keykeeper wrote:Brilliant guys! - jobromedia, mda TestTone and Femme TestToen is very much what I have been looking for! Also look forward to the link jobromedia:) If possible it would be fantastic if the generator you are working on can also produce the non-audible freqz : ie 1 to 20 Hertz and 20.000 to e.g [as high as possible] hertz:)

K
Hi all - I was a bit quick when posting the previous reply. I just realized that I need the generator to be able to increase the frequency in very small intervals i.e that it can produce all possible frequencies - and it does not seem like the two listed do this. Femme's range is too small and mda's increments in the frequncy changes are too large. If you know of any other or if you jobromedia could help me out with this it would be much appreciated!

Thanks
K

jobromedia wrote:I decided to build a test tone ensemble in Reaktor. Will take some time but once done I'll post the link here.
?

What time's needed?

Here's a test tone generator using Reaktor that works from 0-20k- it took me two minutes.

Test Tone Generator

ew
A spectral heretic...

Hi again-to give you an idea of what I need and how accurate I need it please check out the carrier tone on th following app: http://www.aptrio.com/Education/Mathema ... or-91.html

Alternatively do you think there exists an adapter making it possible for me to run the above app as a VSTi?

Thanks
again

ew wrote:
jobromedia wrote:I decided to build a test tone ensemble in Reaktor. Will take some time but once done I'll post the link here.
?

What time's needed?

Here's a test tone generator using Reaktor that works from 0-20k- it took me two minutes.

Test Tone Generator

ew
Hi sorry I am not familiar with Reaktor - do I need the software to use the generator created? I noticed it had .ens extention. Is it possible to convert it into a .dll I can use directly?
K

Yes, you need Reaktor. And, the first version had a stupid mistake in it- add another half minute to fix it :oops:
Total time- two and a half minutes.

If any of you grabbed it, redownload it.

An explanation of how it works- the Hz will give values from 0-100. The x knob adds multiples of 100 Hz. So, if the Hz knob's set to 46 and the x to 2, you have 246 Hz.

ew
A spectral heretic...

[mod edit: Please don't ask others to redistribute software unless you know the software's creator allows it. Ask ew for help getting it the right way. He'll be glad to help you, I'm sure.]

Return to “Instruments”