1 note Zebra

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote:I'd buy an iPad if there was an app that had option of 4, 8 or 12 X/Y pads with user adjustable midi channel and per pad latch mode so I could more effectively control a couple instances of Zebra in realtime.
i've been doing this with TouchOSC on my iPhone, which is also available for iPad. go get it!

http://hexler.net/software/touchosc

(i am not affiliated with them, just a happy user)

amoeba wrote:
pdxindy wrote:I'd buy an iPad if there was an app that had option of 4, 8 or 12 X/Y pads with user adjustable midi channel and per pad latch mode so I could more effectively control a couple instances of Zebra in realtime.
i've been doing this with TouchOSC on my iPhone, which is also available for iPad. go get it!

http://hexler.net/software/touchosc

(i am not affiliated with them, just a happy user)
can you control multiple X/Y's at the same time? What is the latency like?

pdxindy wrote:can you control multiple X/Y's at the same time? What is the latency like?
yes, use the template editor to create whatever layouts you want, however many XY pads you need (screen size being the limit, of course... and this app is what makes me want an iPad more than any thing else).

dig around youtube for some vids, and check out the ones on the hexler site. there are other apps that do similar things as well, but TouchOSC has worked great for me.

latency is quite negligible. you do need to run OSCulator on your comp as the OSC > MIDI intermediary, and you can do all your channel mappings and so on there.

ps: this is like having your very own lemur for just a few bucks. oh, and the $500 or so for an iPad. still... that's like, what, 75% off?

amoeba wrote:
pdxindy wrote:can you control multiple X/Y's at the same time? What is the latency like?
yes, use the template editor to create whatever layouts you want, however many XY pads you need (screen size being the limit, of course... and this app is what makes me want an iPad more than any thing else).

dig around youtube for some vids, and check out the ones on the hexler site. there are other apps that do similar things as well, but TouchOSC has worked great for me.

latency is quite negligible. you do need to run OSCulator on your comp as the OSC > MIDI intermediary, and you can do all your channel mappings and so on there.

ps: this is like having your very own lemur for just a few bucks. oh, and the $500 or so for an iPad. still... that's like, what, 75% off?
cool... thanks for the tip... I will look into it!

justin3am wrote:I really love the evolution of sound you created here. This is very similar to the kind of thing I like to do with Zebra (as should be evident by the patch banks I've created :hihi:). This thread actually inspired me to create a Max/MSP patch that allows me to use my Kaoss Pad as 4 midi X/Y pads! I can still only control 1 X/Y pad at a time but I use the 4 buttons along the bottom of my KP3 as routing switches so I can quickly change which pad on Zebra I'm controlling. Now I'm off to see if I can add inertia to the pads!
Ha! It was one of your pieces that turned my thought to doing this one :-)

Return to “u-he”