Question about Uhbik multiout modes

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys!
Maybe someone knows how to activate multichannel function in Uhbik-A and other Uhbik plugins in Reaper? :(
See the screenshort

I just try to activate "stereo 3+4" mode (and above modes), but works only first (1+2) stereo channel. There is silence in other stereo channels.

I share my Reaper project where I try to do this, can some one help me please?
download project (zip archive)

And how it works in others DAWs? Did some one try to use this function?
Maybe I do something wrong?

Thanks ahead! :wink:
Sound Design, Music Production

aahhh... :(
I understood that this multichannel mode is not what I expected it to be... :wink:

Just guessin, but I think your host or controller or sound source also must be set to send data to those channels. Just a hunch. :wink:

mcnoone wrote:Just guessin, but I think your host or controller or sound source also must be set to send data to those channels. Just a hunch. :wink:
Seems like that.
More over it works in multichannel mode when Uhbik plugins placed on master channel in host. In other cases it doesn't work.

Yes, a lot really depends on the host. Every host seems to handle things differently, so my guess is to accommodate those hosts that are primarily used for surround (as per my customers this would be Nuendo, ProTools, Logic). I've also catered for Live and VstHost as testing case for exotic implementations.

I guess I'll have a look at Reaper soon too.

AAAAAAAAH!!!! :shock:
Thank you Urs for reply! :love: :D

I thought it should have work like this:
www.radorec.com/files/multichannel.jpg

but... :cry:

Well, it works a bit similar to this... but rather

QuadChannel -> Uhbik-A -> QuadMaster

Your drawing looks like you want to combine two separate stereo channels into a quad channel. If Reaper allows for that, then this should work.

However, in a 4-channel-configuration make sure to set Uhbik to either "multichannel" or "auto/surround" with C and Lfe processing *on*

Cheers,

;) Urs

Return to “u-he”