2.5 automation improvemtns ?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I remember there had been some improments in 2.5 to so that it was easier to automate certain prameter in some hosts like live , where they dont present the values as in zebra but rather in percentages.

But i dont remember what was that.

anyone knows ?

thanx
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one knows ?

:(

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "they dont present the values as in zebra but rather in percentages"...?

for example , when dealing with tune , in zebra you have from 0 to 48 semitones.

but in live instead of also having 0 to 48 semitones , you have from 0 to 100 %

so , how much would 7 semitones , or -3 semis be ?

well , yes i could open my calculator and try to find out , but it makes me loose inspiration and is a pain in the ass. ( i know its live's fault not y zebra's)

So , i "think" or i missunderstood , that you could somehow with the modmapper ,kinda fix this issue , im i right , or did i just made this up ?

thanx !

Hmmm, yeah, I see what you mean. If you were using AU then there's a chance that the host software can display proper values. There's a chance to do similar things in VST, but back in the days I hadn't heard of a single host who supports this method.

I have some ideas for improvement here, but they're not going to happen anytime soon.

However, you *can* use ModMappers. Instead of parameter austomation, use e.g. the ModWheel, Aftertouch or the BreathControler. Route a ModMapper to modulate Osc Tune, at, say +24 steps. Then, in the Modmapper select ModWheel (or whatever you use) as Modulation source. Set the number of steps to 48. Draw a straight line from bottom left to top right. Right-click and quantize values to 48 steps. There you go.

If that sounds too difficult I guess I can whip up a preset with these properties...

;) Urs

cool , ill try it when i get home.

one last question , is it better as a rule to use AU instead of vsts in mac ???

thanx !!!

There's not much of a diffference. AU has a better parameter scheme, VSTs might be able to output MIDI.

With my bundles though (Zebra, Uhbik, Filterscape), you're better off with AU if you use more than 1 plugin at the same time. Because all my bundled AUs are just loaded once as a single component, while all VSTs are loaded as separate plugins. So using my stuff as AUs may save memory and even a bit of cpu.

;) Urs

Awesome , i only use Zebra for all my synth needs , so i use like 6 or 7 zebras ,

this will save cpu and mem.

thanx!

Return to “u-he”