dark matter (chilled tech)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi..a new one..any feedback would be cool..thanx for taking the time to listen :)

http://soundcloud.com/tatsama/dark-matter
"any path is only a path..."
www.soundcloud.com/tatsama

What's your target audience? I found it OK at first, but then it got rather same-ish.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

cool :)
I like the sounds you used for the melodic elements. Also like how when the melody fills out a bit it did something which I wasn't expecting but which sounds really good.

I think at about 4 minutes I wanted to hear the hihat double-time and it didn't. But good stuff.

I know that the style is quite a minimal style, as I do listen to ton aus strom radio on occasion, but maybe it could have used a bit more of the incidental stuff and pad sounds at about 2/3 of the way through. That's probably just me though.

it was a good listen, I enjoyed it.
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

I'm very much into deep tech sounds, and I think you've done a great job on the atmosphere here.

I do think that the kick is too shallow and thin though, but maybe it's a matter of taste. Perhaps try to use a deeper, perhaps even more punchy kick and maybe slow down the track with a few BPM's. I think that would make it even deeper and give the sounds a bit more space to breathe.

I also agree that it sounds a bit too much the same overall by the way. Maybe add some automation (maybe the cutoff or delay - experiment :)) to some of the melodic/atmospheric elements. It doesn't have to be be a lot - just some subtle automation to give it a little more life. And the percussion could also be a bit more interesting.

Good work though - good luck with it :)

Thank you both , Profane and Z3ROTON1N for taking the time to give me such thoughtfull feedback.. really appreciate it :)

i did have a deeper kick , but for some reason ..i kept coming back to this one..i will listen to this again over the next few days and if the kick gets too much on my tits i will change it !

i had a lot of automation going on with the eq and filter on the bass and melody and it sounded fine..but after all the fx work on my last 2 tracks i wanted to keep things simple with this..something to listen to after work while on the drive home..that was the idea actually.

@folderol : thanx for checkin out the track mate, i really am not sure who my target audience is..at the moment i am just trying to improve my skills and first of all produce something that i am truly happy with.. i am not there yet..but i feel like i am getting closer.

thank you sooo much for taking the time to drop me some really good feedback guys..trust me..i am taking all the above mentioned advice on .. the track sounding same-ish and more variation with the hats , perc's to heart and i will put it to good use.
"any path is only a path..."
www.soundcloud.com/tatsama

Return to “Music Cafe”