tether - 0538 (dark heavy dub)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New project of mine.
Unreleased/unmastered/approx 8mb 192kbps .mp3

http://void.constructingtowers.com/tmp/tether_0538.mp3

Cheers, sk

nice and deep.. like this.. more variation, or a few overlayers for interest would suit my taste more.. but like the feel.. cheers

Nice. Reminded me quite a bit of Scorn. Great sounds.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Cheers :tu:

Excellent stuff, as always ... well paced, dark'n'dirty dubstep. Sounds great on the Genelecs.

Why thank you.
@toonz - yeah, normally I would go for more variation and such but for this project I really wanted to focus on minimal basics - bass, beats & atmosphere, so I cut myself some slack :)
@synthgeek - Heh, I was a huge Scorn fan for years. Lost track of his stuff a while back, but recently rekindled an interest due to the growing ubiquity of dubstep. MJH is the undisputed granddaddy, so I take the comparison as a compliment.
@controlcentre - Glad it translates to the genelecs (I'm on Tannoy Reveals here - they've served me well for ~10 years but one day I'll get myself something shinier).

One question, is there *too* much low-bass energy?
Quick (comp/limiter) fiddling around with trying to get these tracks much louder, the whole thing turns to mush due to all the subbass (blame the SE-1 for that).

stk wrote:One question, is there *too* much low-bass energy?
Sounds well balanced to me ... I'm listening on a system with a sub.

Cool, thanks :)

stk wrote:Heh, I was a huge Scorn fan for years. Lost track of his stuff a while back, but recently rekindled an interest due to the growing ubiquity of dubstep. MJH is the undisputed granddaddy, so I take the comparison as a compliment.
Good, that's how I meant it. :)
One question, is there *too* much low-bass energy?
Quick (comp/limiter) fiddling around with trying to get these tracks much louder, the whole thing turns to mush due to all the subbass (blame the SE-1 for that).
Sounds good here on my 15's. Lots o' bass, yes- but it doesn't seem out of balance with everything else.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated.

I'm looking at getting this album professionally mastered as I don't really have the monitoring system for tricky mastering (basically getting it "competitively loud" whilst retaining the heavy low end).

This track is just cherry. Slowly evolving, but the drums are hugantic enough to capture my attention and hold it. Nicely done, stk. :)

Just in case anyone is subscribed to this thread.. album now done and dusted - http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=293883 :party:

Return to “Music Cafe”