Trance Collaberation?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

scottel wrote:well thats it, i have a millions of acapellas, lots of commercial bullshit which could be used for some kinda cheesey mix for town

but im picky with trance, gota be able to build up tension and atmosphere from the tone of the vocal , so quite alot of the acapellas available on the web just dont cut it i guess
True enough.

I say I got inspiration, but in reality I only ever used two for a final mix.

I see that you're looking at music theory as well, which I believe will be useful. Although the technical side of things is crucial to the sound, it's ultimately the musicality that'll lift one track over another.

I also believe that one genre can influence and lift another, hence by bi-curious genre tendancies. I've got a bit of orchestral going on somewhere on my hardrive too.

its true that improving my theory will help me alot, however the good thing about trance for me is that its influenced by emotion and events so for me i can easily hum something in my head and jot it down on the keyboard and once i have that building block i can worry about creating chord progressions etc around it after.

where abouts you from
Cubase 5, quad core 4 gig ram, 2 x 21 inch phillips lcds, access virus ti snow, tapco mixing desk, genelec 8030s, and loads o software shizzle

scottel wrote: i can easily hum something in my head and jot it down on the keyboard and once i have that building block i can worry about creating chord progressions etc around it after.
Pretty much the way I do things, and I've got the theory and classical training behind me, although I tend not to fuss over it too much. I just noodle on the keyboard till I hear something I like then cane all the other channels in as fast as I can. If I don't like the result I usually bin it after a listen the next day.

I'm from Windsor, althogh imminently moving to somewhere nearby where I can afford a bigger place lol.

haha sweet dude,
you managed to secure many releases or anything as of yet?
Cubase 5, quad core 4 gig ram, 2 x 21 inch phillips lcds, access virus ti snow, tapco mixing desk, genelec 8030s, and loads o software shizzle

scottel wrote:haha sweet dude,
you managed to secure many releases or anything as of yet?
I've not bothered with labels tbh, although a lot of what i've done wouldn't have been release worthy anyway.

I've also no real interest in the kudos of a signing without some cash to go with it lol.

I'm a hippie, i'm in it for teh love :wink:

Until a fat cheque comes along of course.

hahaha ur right mate,

lets hope that we both recieve one some time soon ey :)

Hi there, i am also in trance, and using cubase 4 and a virus ti..

Just write me at: uskiano(at)hotm..(dot)com.. see ya.. :P

Hi Scott,

Just checked out your tracks.

Very, very strong - impressive stuff. Love your work on 'Run Away' - massive!

:love:

Return to “Music Cafe”