Atmospheric Disturbance

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been a while, but here at last is a new track:

http://soundcloud.com/mikusan/atmospheric-disturbance

It's kind of ethno-chillout meets (very)old-school funky workout with a pinch of glitch... :help: WTH I don't know what genre it fits, it's certainly very different from the piece which inspired it.
As always, any comments would be very welcome. Thanks for your time...:)

Weird track, and not in a bad way.

It starts off kind of dive bar groovy with a hint of late 80s Yello, and ends up full on funk up.

I love what you've done with the guitar and glitching and the bassline suits the track perfectly.

Some vocals would be brilliant, but is certainly stands up on its own without them.

Tres cool. 8)

Thanks BM, vocals never even occurred to me(not my strong suit :lol: )but I see what you mean. This is what I love about posting tracks for comments - sometimes a fresh pair of ears can hear something you never intended but wish you had thought of in the first place...;)
Lenny Kravitz eh? who'd a thunk it? A million miles from what inspired it, but again I can see what you mean and I'm flattered. Thanks for your time.

err...Bumperoony :hihi:

Put a sax solo over it and you've got fusion jazz. Sounds good, even without a sax.

Thanks for the listen and the comments.

Sax solo eh? Another interesting idea...hmm, maybe I should take another look at Saxlab.

Also interesting is the fact that the piece which inspired the funky section does actually have (synthetic) horns, IIRC. Even though I don't think my finished track bears much resemblance to that track - that's why I haven't named the inspiration yet, I'm waiting to see if anyone says 'Hey that sounds a bit/a lot/nothing like ...... by ......' ;)

Hmm...
[Strokes chin]

Return to “Music Cafe”