Do you think this track is "catchy"?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have done this track (still a demo instrumental) for my forthcoming LP and sometimes I like it, sometimes I'm not so sure. I know that it has a nice melody in parts but I'm still not convinced. I think I may have even posted it before here as a demo with vocals. Don't remember. :D Anyway, do you think it's nice or not? I had almost reached the decision to not use it on the LP (not in this form but in a fully produced form, I mean) but I was listening to it in the car tonight and I decided that it actually does have something nice going on.

What do you think? Would you say it's catchy? Do you like the harmony and melody? Please let me know. :)

Here it is:

http://soundcloud.com/electric-sound-co ... ry-colours

*examines item*

what do you think, if it was catchy, would i say it was catchy??
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Frankly, I wouldn't call it catchy. It is however quite interesting blend of easy listening feel with erratic, John Zorn kind of flow. Fascinating.

xoxos wrote:*examines item*

what do you think, if it was catchy, would i say it was catchy??
And if you said that it was catchy but it actually wasn't, would that make it catchy? :hihi:

Zombie Queen wrote:Frankly, I wouldn't call it catchy. It is however quite interesting blend of easy listening feel with erratic, John Zorn kind of flow. Fascinating.
Heh, that's a nice description. :D Thanks.

Hmm...

Chords are too complicated for a catchy tune.

Catchy tunes should have a melody that sticks with the listener. I'm not sure that this even has a melody, more like a melodic improvisation.

It's cool though.

Victor.

But... but mom... I like complicated chords!! :cry:

:D

The part from 0:27-0:36 is the thing I like most about this track. I think that part is the most conventional of all. Maybe I should change what is going on around it. :)

Thanks for the comment Victor!

Breezy!

Double and pan that acoustic guitar and you've got yorself an elevator-ific hit. (Right up there with Girl from Ipanema).

All joking aside, I like your style. Hammer out the rough spots, and it'll be golden... errrr... 'catchy' :)

I like it, but i think it's too complicated to be "catchy".
If you take only one of its many melodic phrases, repeat it more and develop it further, you may end up with something catchy. I like it, though.
Pleasant and "light".
Xairetismata.
:wink:
Sotiris

covalent wrote:Breezy!

Double and pan that acoustic guitar and you've got yorself an elevator-ific hit. (Right up there with Girl from Ipanema).

All joking aside, I like your style. Hammer out the rough spots, and it'll be golden... errrr... 'catchy' :)
:lol:

Hehe, thanks! :D

Sotiris wrote:I like it, but i think it's too complicated to be "catchy".
If you take only one of its many melodic phrases, repeat it more and develop it further, you may end up with something catchy. I like it, though.
Pleasant and "light".
Xairetismata.
:wink:
Sotiris
TBH the "chorus" melody came to me last autumn while driving in the car, I hurried in the "studio" (that's a lot of quotes :lol: ) and wrote it down. The rest of the track was written around that. Maybe I should just expand on the original melody.

Thanks gia to sxolio Sotiri! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”