Rap/Screaming/slightly glitchy hybrid track (WIP / advise asked for!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello there, KVR users.

I recorded a rather experimental track, especially for my standards, since I usually do not rap at all and don't do this style of music in general. But I was curious about doing something like that. Result:
"Misery (and a will to fall)" on Soundcloud.com

So I was about to ask a little feedback before giving this the final touches. Friends of mine already told me they wouldn't like the drums on this one. Sounding too acoustic for that style perhaps?
Also since I'm usually more of a very heavy music listener I'm also not sure about the mix. If someone with more experience could say something about it, I'd be thankful. Also if the rap is on an acceptable level for someone who is not me.
I ask for patience with the screaming if that is not your kind of thing - without it I wouldn't have a lot of fun doing the vocals. :D

Thanks for your time.

You're screaming wrong.
At least if you don't want to destroy your vocal chords.

Get the Zen of Screaming or something. Really. It's worth it.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

You can hear in a scream if it is done properly?
I mean, I know all that stuff about screaming right so you don't ruin your voice. And the Zen of Screaming. And to be honest I'm pretty sure I'm very close to a good screaming technique. I know how it feels to do screaming wrong all too well, I fear. : D
But now I do not seem to have any trouble any more. I can also sing after a lot of screaming without problems and switch fluidly, so I'd guess I'm okay. Or is there something else I don't know about?

(: This is cool, man! 'Gloom rap.'

Haha, thanks for the inspiration. Gonna use that as genre from now on. I was going with "Rapcore" until now because it contains Rap and Screaming like in *core genres, but that wasn't really fitting.

Interesting track, but I feel like the mix is a bit muddy and weak. Drums seems to work fine on this. I don't think you need to do anything more electronic. The lyrics are a bit to melodramatic, but I understand that's the kind of this style usually goes for.

About the screaming......it doesn't sound like you're screaming at all, just singing like you blew out your voice, which doesn't work as screaming Do you live in a apartment and don't wanna piss anybody else off? Maybe you could park your car in a secluded spot and wail your heart out. That's what my friend always did when he needed to scream.

Just my two cents.
Download all of my albums for free here.

Return to “Music Cafe”