Pharaoh's Tears - Ethnic, Middle Eastern, Electronica, Latin, Rock, Cinematic

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I appreciate what is being done here. I like the ambient intro and outro more than the Some notes regarding the mix from my perspective:

* it is coming across as fairly bass-light on my system (Dynaudio BM10s). The bass line is suitably present for playback on smaller speakers but it doesnt punch me in the chest as I would like like.

* The drums (mainly snare) seemed panned to the left which is distracting, although thats a matter of personal taste. I understand this may be from the overheads being more prominent than the dry on Ocean Way though.

* The kick and snare could use a little more oomph I think. When the track takes off they need to go with it. Perhaps introduced more room ambience at this point?

Nice track though.

Jim

I think it sounds quite good and shows a lot of care, and obvious ability to follow an idea through... and 'skills'.

I nearly missed this :)

Very good musical story telling, and as others have said, a clever blend of instruments and styles. Love the change at 2:18 where he finds the princess. The second or two of fading gunfire sets the mood perfectly.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Thanks so much jancivil and folderol!

I really enjoyed building the choir section (starts 2:18 ). It's the same chords as the outro, 1/2 time - but with the synth pad & woodwinds holding the root and the cellos teasing out the 3rds, 7ths and sometimes 9ths. Sean's searching Flamenco inspired guitar parts really spoke to me.

Atardecer, I thank you for the critique. I have KRK Rokit 6 monitors so I cannot get a chest thump even if I wanted. The snare is panned a little left to make room for all the other percussion. I may have overdone it.

Thanks for listening, friends! I'm honored to receive this feedback from so many talented musicians/producers!

I would tend to advise against panning the snare. I didn't notice it on laptop, even after I read that. But given the expectation of snare at center or a tad to the right, some people notice it's off.

I basically agree that where the lead guitarist gets enthusiastic, you might want a tougher snare.

the actual acoustic intruments sit very well with the synth and samples, a very good mix, with this niggly caveat.

Return to “Music Cafe”