Vowel Ensemble Choir Pack FREE!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys.
There are already some really good choir libraries that have more or less versatile and realistic word builders. That's awesome !!!
- Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs - PLAY Edition = $461
- Requiem Light = $299

If you are on really low budget there are some free choir plugins/libraries like DSK ChoirZ and Papelmedia Ahh-chior.
The only disadvantage is that if you use the free libraries you're stuck with only aahhh... UNTIL NOW!!

Vowel Ensemble Choir Pack
The choir patch was developed by Mihai Sorohan (that's me) together with Richard Osborn for Mu.Lab Multisampla and Selcuk Bor (from Symphony of Specters) for Kontakt.

Choir:
Citrina - soprano & alto
Jelena - alto
Roman & Dimitri (Timohi) - tenor
JonnyZed - tenor
Mihai (sorohanro) - tenor & baritone

Gear used:
Microphone - AKG Perception 170
Preamp - Art Tube MP Project Series
Soundcard - M-Audio Audiophile 192
Samples at 32 bit float, 44.1 khz samplerate.

Mu.Lab Files
Download Mu.Lab Multisampla format patches separately
Download Mu.Lab Mux Patch
Download "Ave Maria Sound Alike" Mu.Lab session
Kontakt Files
Kontakt files and patches can be found on Symphony of Specters Facebook Page.
"Like" the page and download the awesome patch .

Here are some demo tracks:
Ave Maria Sound Alike
Choir Demo A-E-I
Handel Sound Alike - Choir Pack Demo

Install details:
Beware, if you use the Mu.Lab version you need:
- Mu.Lab (free version would do it just fine)
- Multisampla format patches separately - unzip them and copy the " Vowel Ensemble" folder to MULAB/User/Library/MuSynth - this will make available the separate patches (A, E, I, O and U) as Multisampla patches.
- Mux Patch that you copy to MULAB/User/Library/MUX - this put all the vowel patches into one "synth" that crossfade between vowels and allow you to make speech like patterns.
To see how is that done, you can download the "Ave Maria Sound Alike" file

Few words about the Kontakt patch:
-Installation is easier, download, load in Kontakt and enjoy. The patch is "monolith" so you don't need to copy folders or keep track where are the files.
-To run the patch you need a full license of Kontakt. In Kontakt Player (the free version of Kontakt) the patch will run just in demo mode (that means 30 minutes and then stop).

We added also a support topic on Symphony of Specters Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic ... 2223842450

On a side note, the commercial libraries are really really nice. I plan to get the "Requiem Light", a really awesome product.
Last edited by sorohanro on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Very cool. Ummm... is there somewhere we can download this patch, or...?
Tom Smith
http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com - http://www.filkertom.com - http://www.thefump.com
Win10/64 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM - BIAB 2016 - Reaper 5 - Sound Forge Pro 9

Will be soon, today I will upload.
Right now I'm checking everything to go smooth and all the samples to work in the Mu.Lab patch.
Later I'll talk to Selcuk Bor to see if he fixed some of the issues we had with the Kontakt library.
Probably the Kontakt version will be released as a gift for launching the Symphony of Specters new website and you'll have to "like" their page on Facebook or something.
Anyway, the Mu.Lab patch will be soon up.

Sounds excellent.. can't wait!

For now there are available the Mu.Lab files.
Later will be available the Kontakt patch.
Take a look HERE for the Mu.Lab patch.
The Mu.Lab patch was used in the demo files. The Kontakt patch works with the full Kontakt sampler. In Kontakt player can play only 30 minutes, not enough for me to finish a track (as you can guess, I don't own a Kontakt license, I use just the Kontakt Player).

Sounds-super-awesome! Can't wait to try them out myselfe.

But i'll wait for the Kontakt patch. Are you uploading that one too right now? Ore later on?

in half hour the Kontakt patch will be up :wheee:

Anyone get the Kontakt download to work yet? I have tried in both Firefox and IE and not been able to pull the file.

shadoe42 wrote:Anyone get the Kontakt download to work yet? I have tried in both Firefox and IE and not been able to pull the file.
yeah i got it with Chrome.. very clear and wonderful sample base! i did notice the bottom 4 or 5 notes in the 'Eeeee' samples were not looped, but not a big issue.. all around what a great little choir!

i have been playing it in Kontakt 4 player..and i haven't played with it for more than 30 minutes.. does it just stop working?

Very interesting project Mihai. Will check it out tonight.

Beware, if you use the Mu.Lab version you need:
- Mu.Lab (free version would do it just fine)
- Multisampla format patches separately - unzip them and copy the " Vowel Ensemble" folder to MULAB/User/Library/MuSynth - this will make available the separate patches (A, E, I, O and U) as Multisampla patches.
- Mux Patch that you copy to MULAB/User/Library/MUX - this put all the vowel patches into one "synth" that crossfade between vowels and allow you to make speech like patterns.
To see how is that done, you can download the "Ave Maria Sound Alike" file HERE.

There will be available more Kontakt goodies, including a "wet" patch and all the vowels separately (so you can edit them as you like). But for that you'll have to "like" Symphony of Specters Facebook page or subscribe for the news letter (on Reverb Nation).

I just tried the Kontakt version and I like it. The sound is a little "livelier" than Kontakt's own Choir, with it's own character, so it will be excellent for layering them together.

Very generous of you to give it for free. Thank you very much!

I didn't knew that Kontakt have it's own choir...
Anyway, I tried the Kontakt patch in Kontakt Player and I find more difficult to control the vowels with the mod wheel than writing automation for each letter as I can do in Mu.Lab.

Anyway, you can let me some comments on my blog to say thanks, you can follow, "like" on Facebook, you can check the rest of my sample packs (trumpets, muted trumpet, recorder, bamboo... etc) and you can check http://www.symphonyofspecters.com, who made the Kontakt patch.

Huhu, thank you very much for this really cool choir! :)

Looking forward to the single artculation patches for Kontakt, maybe you could programm them in a way, that you can control the volume of the samples via the modwheel?

wow! congratulations & thank you for this Mihai ! :D

it's a great sounding gift !
you're spoiling us :)

if I may suggest something though,
I think that the crossfade transitions might be smoother using a different ordering of the vowels,
like Ah-Oh-Uu-Ih-Eh or Ah-Eh-Ih-Oh-Uu maybe ?

Anyway, I really like this choir as it is,
thanx again Mihai, Richard & Selcuk :tu:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”