Reverb II failing AU validation after new updates

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Many thanks for all your great work: I regularly use just about everything in the TAL line.

I've been having trouble with the recent updates to Reverb II: after the 1.0 series started, it stopped validating in Logic. Plogue Bidule can see it (the AU) but won't let me use it (i.e., the name shows up in the list of AUs, but it can't be dropped into the patchbay).

Anyone else encountering these issues? It's been consistent for me with versions 1.00, 1.01, and 1.50. Reverting to 0.9b brings everything back to happy working order.

My setup is pretty old: Logic Express 8 on a G4 under 10.4.11 (although Plogue Bidule is the most current version). Could that be having some effect?

Thanks again! It's a great reverb. (Patrick does indeed have good ears and good taste.)
Mac Mini 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo & MacBook Pro 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo [both 8 GB RAM, OS 10.8.2]
Logic Pro 9.1.7, Plogue Bidule [etc.]
Yamaha V50, Sony TCM-36, Tascam DR-05, Behringer Xenyx 802, strings, boxes, and hand-made sounds

Will check that, hope i can reproduce this.

edit: see the problem, it isnt compiled for 10.4 anmore, because of an update of the base framework.

Compiled it for 10.4 but with base SDK 10.5. Hope it works now:
http://kunz.corrupt.ch/downloads/TAL-Re ... ponent.zip
TAL Software GmbH
https://tal-software.com/

Thanks Patrick,

I did a quick check, and it now passes validation in Logic and functions properly in Plogue Bidule. Great!

I'd have to do some more tests to make sure, but I think I'm experiencing the 'hearable modulation' you mentioned that should have been fixed by the 1.50 update. On an otherwise dry piano patch, I'm getting something like an LFO/filter effect -- particularly obvious with heavy reverb on pitches above middle C.

Anyway, the validation problem looks solved. Thanks again!
Mac Mini 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo & MacBook Pro 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo [both 8 GB RAM, OS 10.8.2]
Logic Pro 9.1.7, Plogue Bidule [etc.]
Yamaha V50, Sony TCM-36, Tascam DR-05, Behringer Xenyx 802, strings, boxes, and hand-made sounds

Return to “TAL Software”