VST ID conflict in Bidule - HGF check this out, Please.

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bidule seems to think that ScapeWizard and Dreammachine have the same VST ID In a scan from Bidule it says they are duplicates) and so will only load one - please help . I like both and I've paid for both.
Last edited by starfish0 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

to add... both Dream machine 3 and Scape Wizard share the PLUG IN ID: MHGF - Bidule won't allow them to be the same and I really don't want to sacrifice one for the other - please help.

Hi starfish0!

Have a read of this PC Notes column I wrote for SOS November 2007, which discusses the problems associated with VST IDs and how to do some manual 'ID Hacking' so that two otherwise conflicting VSTs can live in harmony:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov07/a ... s_1107.htm

As long as you keep a copy of the unaltered DLL file (just in case), everything should be hunky dory ;)

Hope this helps! :tu:

Martin

Hi Martin! WOW quick reply, thank you! This may be just the thing as I'm not sure that the HG Fortune folks would even see this forum - I would like to think so, but to imagine they'd change their software to suit me seems far fetched... Thanks again - I've skimmed the article and it seems just what I need. I'll wait a few days then give it try, Thanks again.

Doug (starfish0)

Hi Martin, didn't work, sadly. I followed YOUR instructions to the letter but was unable to find the strings provided by VST-spy as the plugin ID in either pieces of software (dream machine - scape wizard) either forward or reversed using XV123... so now I'm perplexed - I do appreciate YOUR help. I had hoped it would be that simple... what was I thinking?

Doug

I have them both installed and will see if I can load both of them at the same time tomorrow, if that helps....

dnekm - thanks for the help. If you have them both installed and if YOU use BIDULE, you'll only have one show up... I don't know of other VST hosts that are sensitive to the Plug-in ID, seeing it as a duplicate and not a different plugin, but BIDULE is... and it's the host I prefer to use... so as I see it, either BIDULE needs to lighten up with it's protocols or FORTUNE's company needs to be a tad more on the ball with their ID numbers... either way, I want this resolved and soon - I would hate to have to ask Mr. FORTUNE for my money back...

I can get them both loaded and playing in Energy XT. I do not have Bidule but using VSTSpy I was able to see that they both share the same mhgf plugin ID....

Having dropped me an email about this would have solved this already.
And please be aware besides me there is no one else in this company.

So please send an email.

HG

Return to “HG Fortune”