VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Updated:

Beta 1.920 >>> Beta 1.930 :
- fixed 1.7 FXB loading
- fixed preset name display refresh on change
- temporarely removed VU meters
- added more presets, up to 129, but to be updated!
- added All Notes Off and All Sounds Off response
- changed DLL name to modelonia_2.0_user_beta.dll
(this name will last for the whole public beta time)

Previous:

Free to download and use until September this year:
NUSofting Modelonia 2.0 Public Beta (currently win32 VSTi, file name modelonia_1.92.dll)

Modelonia is a powerful "physical modeling" synth which uses a hybrid of
two distinct model 'types' - a plucked-string model, and a blown-bore
(ie trumpet-type) model.
Each model may be used simultaneously, and the signal path allows
cross-modulation between the two models for more
interesting and complex tones.

Please note that for many presets the modules named "String" and "Horn"
don't always sound like strings or horns, since the resonators can be used interactively, therefore you can simply think of them as resonator 1 and resonator 2, abstractly.
The same goes for the "exciter" modules named "Pick", "Noise" and "Lips", you can call them exciter 1, exciter 2 and exciter 3,
"Pick" is an impulse generator, "Noise" generates filtered noise, "Lips" generates a continuos tone which is modulated by the "Horn" resonator.

FREE DOWNLOAD
(currently only Windows VSTi, Mac AU beta may come later)

The free beta includes 46 presets, and it features many enhancements
and changes compared to the previous release, Modelonia 1.7 - 1.8

With this public beta I hope to receive enough feedback to release a stable and shining Modelonia 2.0
for the next Winter.

Thanks for your collaboration, and have fun.

Cheers,

Luigi

nusofting.net

http://payloadz.com/d1/freeproducts.asp?id=1439302
Last edited by liqih on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

What can I say? Thanks. Much appreciated. Public beta/Pubblic beta. Still a good idea.
Last edited by bob bobwood on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheers bob, mind that it's not just a free gift, I hope to have in return the necessary feedback to build the best shape of Modelonia 2.0, <grin>

Accepted and aknowledged, whilst there are some pieces of software that come along almost complete even in beta, most have final tweaks to achieve good behaviour. I'd like to think I understand that and where possible help the developer with product feedback, even if it only to say it works fine here or I don't like the name. Even just bumping a thread may help though it has to be said that I download virtually everything anyway. (And no; don't ask why)

I am a major fan of Modelonia and will be actively playing with this beta. You can count on me to upgrade (hopefully there will be an upgrade path from Modelonia 1.x users).

I love hearing that this has been worked on. I can't wait to see what you added or changed.

Mike

Thanks for checking it Mike!, Yeah let me know all your impressions please.

BTW When you get the 'error reading wizard file'
just copy this file (right click on the link and Save As...)
http://dashsignature.com/download/sound%20wizard.xml
into the
..\My Documents\NUSofting Data\Modelonia\
as "sound wizard.xml"

just it was missing, my fault.

As I said earlier; "Even just bumping a thread may help". Just so busy with work, haven't actually opened it yet.

Updated:

Beta 1.920 >>> Beta 1.930 :
- fixed 1.7 FXB loading
- fixed preset name display refresh on change
- temporarely removed VU meters
- added more presets, up to 129, but to be updated!
- added All Notes Off and All Sounds Off response
- changed DLL name to modelonia_2.0_user_beta.dll
(this name will last for the whole public beta time)

[Warning! Always replace all files when updating the beta]

http://payloadz.com/d1/freeproducts.asp?id=1439302
Same link to download, <wink>

---

FREE DOWNLOAD
(currently only Windows VSTi, Mac AU beta may come later ***Chrome may display a warning message before downloading, you can safely ignore it***)
Updated to Modelonia 1.94 please read the install info inside the zip, "NUSofting Data" no more used.

Please report bugs and impressions

I downloaded Modelonia 1.94, I want to use it with my WX5 (or 7 :) ). However, using the MIDI learn function was confusing.

It seems that if I click "Midi Learn" on a control, then breathe into my WX that that control learns to use CC 2 (good!). But if I then click on another control, and do the same thing, the first control "forgets" that it should respond to CC 2. This is not good, because I want to control multiple parameters with the breath control, perhaps with different sensitivities.

For example, I'd like lip velocity and horn gain to be completely controlled by CC 2, but transmit to horn to string to be partially controlled by CC 2. But I can't see how to do that.

I can solve this in Reaper with a custom MIDI JS script, but I still need a good way to assign multiple controllers to the controls, and there is no way to manually enter, say, CC 20 to control a parameter.

Is there a way to do this? And if not, can you please consider this a feature request ? :)

Thanks,
-Steve

Absolutely, that's a thing that I have to do, CC for multiple parameters, so far it's one for knob only, because there's no way (yet) to scale the values, or to set min max range. With the next update I hope to solve that! <grin>

Thanks
Last edited by liqih on Sat May 14, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Would love to see a OS X VST version (so I can convert it to RTAS, really) :)

liqih wrote:"NUSofting Data" no more used.[/size]
It's good news! :phew:
The cat has four paws: in, out, ground and power supply )
Listen to my music

psychedelia wrote:Would love to see a OS X VST version (so I can convert it to RTAS, really) :)
Yeah, I hope to have it next month, <grin>

Cheers

Return to “Instruments”