Groove Machine released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghettosynth wrote:
goldenanalog wrote:Here's one:

REX file import?

I got Arturia's Spark; it's great to be able to import *.rex, *.rx2, and *.rcy files, in addition to waves.
I think that products like this are particularly suited to custom hardware controllers. I drooled a bit over Spark, I'll wait a year or so and see what people say then.
It's awesome, ghetto! I LOVE the sound of Spark, the feel of the interface, the integration, etc.

Having said that: Scott, I just bought Groove Machine.

DAMN YOU! :tantrum:

Every time I try NOT to buy any more hardware and/or software, something else comes along, and destroys my sense of self control, and my finances!

This sucker is positively brilliant (just like Spark!)--I predict many late nights fondling this bitch, as opposed to some badly needed sleep.

I'm F&%*%ed.

yeah, this is pretty hot and sweet sounding...

but if i'm gonna sit in from of a computer I can do the same shit, if not more with other VST's I already own.

Needs a custom controller, then it would be unbeatable. Korg EMX was beautiful for that reason... but the synth section was just too limited for me.

Nice toy, but I am sure the limitations would be annoying especially within the computer environment, IMO.

Release it as a hardware unit and I will give you $1,500 :hihi:

not x64, bummer

Credit card out and paid.

Saw this a couple of months ago and forgot all about it.

Perhaps this is what Geist should have been. Piano roll etc. Better I pay 99usd now than 149 later on.

Will keep you posted and let you know if it a PITA or a POS or the real deal.

Cheers

hibidy wrote:not x64, bummer
64 bit is on the 'to do' list.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

DLd the OSX version, and loaded in Logic 8.0.2. OSX 10.5.8... Interface turned magenta, and started making some rather scary crackling sounds and cutting out. Other than that, seems very cool. :)

Scott:

Should we use this thread to hammer you with comments, suggestions, etc. or?

goldenanalog wrote:Scott:

Should we use this thread to hammer you with comments, suggestions, etc. or?
Please post here...

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=82460

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Can anyone tell me the d/l size of the demo
(and the full version if its different) -not near my computer
at the minute and considering im currently between houses
and on a crappy pre-paid wireless connection i may need to top up my
account to try this.. Anyone? Thanks

shanecgriffo wrote:Can anyone tell me the d/l size of the demo
(and the full version if its different) -not near my computer
at the minute and considering im currently between houses
and on a crappy pre-paid wireless connection i may need to top up my
account to try this.. Anyone? Thanks
Windows = 27 Mb.

Mac = 34 Mb.

It is the same as the full version. It is the full version, just in demo mode.

Regards Scott

DHR53 wrote:DLd the OSX version, and loaded in Logic 8.0.2. OSX 10.5.8... Interface turned magenta, and started making some rather scary crackling sounds and cutting out. Other than that, seems very cool. :)
Can you try the stand-alone version?

...oh look, it's Maxx (Groove Machines developer)...

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

vaisnava wrote:yeah, this is pretty hot and sweet sounding...

but if i'm gonna sit in from of a computer I can do the same shit, if not more with other VST's I already own.

Needs a custom controller, then it would be unbeatable. Korg EMX was beautiful for that reason... but the synth section was just too limited for me.

Nice toy, but I am sure the limitations would be annoying especially within the computer environment, IMO.

Release it as a hardware unit and I will give you $1,500 :hihi:
Hardware groove boxes offer pretty different approach to music creating. And that I was trying to make on a computer. So it's the main idea.

And, even if you're not a fan of live music creatting, or you don't have/don't use a midi controller, you'll still find GM useful. It's not only a groove box (it's also a powerful synth, drum sequencer, ... . ).

You can use it for making unique loops. There is a per-step automation of every knob. So, you enter some bassline notes, and then can make every note sounding unique in a convinient way: simply click a step with EDIT MODE on, it starts flashing, and now all knobs changes which you touch on the UI will be remembered in that step. Imagine how many automation clips would it be in a DAW, and what a mess it could be :)

For example, for a dubstep track having GM you won't need to add 10 synth channels adjusted for own sound - you can make the same with just one GM track, since every step remembers local parameters.

MaxxCl:

Would you consider REX file support?

ouroboros wrote:I have a stupid question-
(I'm sure it comes from not being a live performer)
What does this groove machine provide that FL itself does not?
-per-step automation
-drum samples layering (combining 2 kickdrums to achieve one new is pretty cool, and you can adjust key parameters of a sample per-layer).
- quick loop recording (one button press)
- you'll have a new cool sounding synth

HOwever, the main purpose of GM is being a groove box.

Let's say, it's a multi-purpose tool, and one can use it on that level which it's necessary.

goldenanalog wrote:MaxxCl:

Would you consider REX file support?
Yes, we gonna add more functionality and develope GM more. More sample formats is one of the scheduled things (as well as 64 bit versions, etc).

Return to “Instruments”