The Unofficial NI Holiday Freebie List

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This year is the first time I've added one of NI's holiday gifts to my setup. I'm curious now as to what I've missed in the past. Anyone kind enough to help me fill in the blanks?

-------------
2013: Supercharger (compressor); Remix Sets (4) for Traktor; $25 e-voucher
2012: Driver (distortion effect); Remix Sets (5) for Traktor
2011: Skanner (Reaktor Synth); Sample pack from NI and Sounds/To/Sample
2010: Prism FX (Reaktor Effect); Sample pack from NI and Sounds/To/Sample
2009: Holiday Selection 2009 (Kore SoundPack)
2008: Compilation Vol. 1 (Kore SoundPack)
2007: ?
2006: ?
2005: ?
2004: ?
2003: Metaphysical Function (Standalone Sound Generator)
2002: ?

Last edited by mgpqa1 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:46 am, edited 8 times in total.

actually, in 2010 the free thing was mikro prism which was a free edition of prism with bunch of presets and minimalistic controls. prism fx was an update of sorts to prism, not really a gift, imo.

I got a free upgrade from Traktor LE to Pro with the soundcard I bought a couple of days ago too
ZZZzzZZzz..zz....zzzzz
My SoundCloud

mgpqa1, last year i think there was a pack of drumloops too, is that the sample pack you speak of? and if so , are you saying there are more this year?

shanecgriffo wrote:mgpqa1, last year i think there was a pack of drumloops too, is that the sample pack you speak of? and if so , are you saying there are more this year?
I got an email with a free link - a choice of one pack out of 6 options.
ZZZzzZZzz..zz....zzzzz
My SoundCloud

I can't remember all the years, but the first one I can recall was Metaphysical Function. It was a standalone application at that time, and not quite as full-featured as the current version.

Then there was one year that you got to choose one cell phone ringtone to download from a list of choices. Yeah, still getting a lot of mileage out of that one. :roll:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Lunatic_Machinist wrote:actually, in 2010 the free thing was mikro prism which was a free edition of prism with bunch of presets and minimalistic controls. prism fx was an update of sorts to prism, not really a gift, imo.
This is the email I received advertising Prism FX as a "gift."

Although Mikro Prism is listed as "Mikro Prism Xmas Special" in my NI account (I guess I've had it all this time thinking it was one of their regular freebies), it's still available on their Free Products page nearly a year later so its availability is not time-limited like the other gifts in the past... does that still count?
Last edited by mgpqa1 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deastman wrote:I can't remember all the years, but the first one I can recall was Metaphysical Function...
The closest thing I could find was this post over at the NI Forums saying it was part of the Kore Compilation SoundPack from 2008. Was that it?

there was a lite version of MF they gave for Xmas I think in 2005. Might have been '04.

Thanks, deastman and jancivil! I found this post which suggests 2003. Time goes by too damn fast.

Not sure when it became a Reaktor ensemble (Electronic Instruments Vol. 2).

kx.001 wrote:
shanecgriffo wrote:mgpqa1, last year i think there was a pack of drumloops too, is that the sample pack you speak of? and if so , are you saying there are more this year?
I got an email with a free link - a choice of one pack out of 6 options.
True but when you make your choice of pack you can also download 2 more for free :tu:

luafc11 wrote:True but when you make your choice of pack you can also download 2 more for free :tu:
Good to know - I haven't got round to it yet so something to look forward to. May do that tomorrow so I get more stuff :D
ZZZzzZZzz..zz....zzzzz
My SoundCloud

mgpqa1 wrote:Thanks, deastman and jancivil! I found this post which suggests 2003. Time goes by too damn fast.

yeah, I knew 05 was too recent after I reflected some more. I think it was a fuller ensemble before that, but I'm not sure. could be it was added to

I remember more now, I used it in a free, lite, version of Wavelab that was bundled with a soundblaster card.

:oops:

Don't forget CHA-OSC:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... p?t=100434

another great Stephan Schmitt ensemble

mgpqa1 wrote:Thanks, deastman and jancivil! I found this post which suggests 2003. Time goes by too damn fast.

Yes, it was 2003. I remember because I downloaded it on my laptop. We were staying with my parents while waiting for my daughter to be born (Dec. 27th). :D
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”