What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Stutter Randomizer (Free)

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

rishabh
KVRer

13 posts since 3 Nov, 2009

Postby rishabh; Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:12 pm Stutter Randomizer (Free)

Hi,
I recently made this stutter app for the mac. Please give it a try if you wish. The video below demonstrates its functions and the download link is mentioned in the youtube description.

Cheers
Rishabh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfM55wlHzw0
michael2
KVRAF

2065 posts since 17 Jan, 2008

Postby michael2; Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:48 pm

thanks, always like new sound makers. I can't get it to work though. I loaded a file and I can see the waveform. the A,S,D,F, and G keys look to be controlling the app, but I can't get it to actually start playing the waveform. clicked the box that allows your spacebar to stop and start, but no go. just sitting there staring at me. tried an mp3 and an .aif file.

i'm on OSX 10.6.8; noticed that a second MAX window appears when you open the app up. does that mean that I need MAX installed on my computer?
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

3935 posts since 24 May, 2009, from south park....DUH !!!

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:34 pm

michael2 wrote:thanks, always like new sound makers. I can't get it to work though. I loaded a file and I can see the waveform. the A,S,D,F, and G keys look to be controlling the app, but I can't get it to actually start playing the waveform. clicked the box that allows your spacebar to stop and start, but no go. just sitting there staring at me. tried an mp3 and an .aif file.

i'm on OSX 10.6.8; noticed that a second MAX window appears when you open the app up. does that mean that I need MAX installed on my computer?

hmmmm, works for me and i don't have anything max-related installed

great stuff, R, really enjoying this and grainstretch
michael2
KVRAF

Postby michael2; Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:32 pm

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
michael2 wrote:thanks, always like new sound makers. I can't get it to work though. I loaded a file and I can see the waveform. the A,S,D,F, and G keys look to be controlling the app, but I can't get it to actually start playing the waveform. clicked the box that allows your spacebar to stop and start, but no go. just sitting there staring at me. tried an mp3 and an .aif file.

weird. will you let me know if you did anything different than I did. I opened it up, loaded a file, and hit the space bar. wouldn't start moving.

thanks.
my blog and some music:
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:45 pm

michael2 wrote:

weird. will you let me know if you did anything different than I did. I opened it up, loaded a file, and hit the space bar. wouldn't start moving.

thanks.

yup...go into 'audio status'

set 'audio' to 'on', and select 'core driver' in the 'audio' pop-down menu...i have interface connected so use the internal output, but you might see options for an interface if you have one

then close window

this should do it...just remember to turn up the volume using bar on the right
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:49 pm

hey rishabh

i don't know if this easy to do, but it would be great if when using reverse the pitch controls would be active in the reverse direction (while holding 'r' key)

cheers
rishabh
KVRer

13 posts since 3 Nov, 2009

Postby rishabh; Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:27 am

Glad you guys have liked this program.
About the no sound issue. I can't really think of anything other than turning up the volume on the right side. By default the volume will be down so just move that slider up. You do not need Max to run this.

About the reverse and pitch controls working in the same direction. Yes I knew about that but couldn't really figure out how to implement it. I will try my best to implement it in an updated version.
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:31 am

rishabh wrote:About the reverse and pitch controls working in the same direction. Yes I knew about that but couldn't really figure out how to implement it. I will try my best to implement it in an updated version.

good stuff :)
Lotuzia
KVRAF

7270 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:38 am

Very cool app and nice video :tu:

Makes me regret I dont have a Mac :cry:

Maybe one day on Ipad ? ( crossing fingers )
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Soundbanks for Vsti

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there [Xils-Lab Team]
michael2
KVRAF

Postby michael2; Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:45 am

michael2 wrote:

thanks.

yup...go into 'audio status'

set 'audio' to 'on', and select 'core driver' in the 'audio' pop-down menu...i have interface connected so use the internal output, but you might see options for an interface if you have one

then close window

this should do it...just remember to turn up the volume using bar on the right

thanks, that did the trick. :)
my blog and some music:
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:51 am

michael wrote:
thanks, that did the trick. :)

:D
Borealis
KVRist

162 posts since 31 Aug, 2010, from Cambridge, Mass.

Postby Borealis; Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:17 am

Great program, along with Grainstretch, thanks Rishabh!

Borealis

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments