please, Help Silent Way with MOTU 828 mk3

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody, this is my first post here ... I know that this kind of topic has already been discussed many Times nut i really need some help, i just purchased silent way and i use it with the last Version of Ableton Live (running on Mac Os X Lion) and a MOTU 828 mk3 interface ... My goal is to control a Korg Ms 20 And a ROland Sh 101 but in both cases i failde to get any kind of results ... no calibration, nothing at all ... :( i tried to follow some tutorials on the Web and i think i'm doing right with the voice controller Plugin but there's nothing to do ... Please, is there anybody here who can give me some suggestion or a link to some specific tutorial that can help me ? Thank You in advance and best regards to everyone ... Bye :-) :)

Hi, mag_66.

I moved this to the Expert Sleepers forum, but I left a shadow topic in Getting Started, so people will see it there too.

It looks like there's a dedicated Silent Way forum here:
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=35

Might be worth looking around/asking there too.

Good luck.
No longer a moderator.

My advice in these situations is always to ditch the Voice Controller for now, and use Silent Way DC. This gives you two independent, manually controlled CV outputs which you can use to verify that you have working connections to the synth. By manually controlling a CV connected to the synth's gate input, you should be able to trigger notes. By manually controllering a CV connected to the synth's pitch CV input (and holding down a key on the synth to trigger it) you should be able to control the pitch of the synth. When you can do both of those things, move on to getting the Voice Controller to work.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”