Forum Request - Music section, with subforums for Music Cafe, Contests, etc

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm writing this in public, since I think this belongs to everyone.

Recent development of the KVR user base showed that we need a more enhanced section. Especially for the musicians among us. I therefore propose a new order of the main forum section, with another subsection of the forum incl. sub categories.

Currently the forum is sorted in:
FORUM
- subcategory: Main Forums
-- folders (forums)
- subcategory: Muse Research
-- folders (forums)
- subcategory: Off Topic
-- folders (forums)
- subcategory: Company Forums
-- folders (forums of the firms)

I think we finally need a new sorting here and there. So why not start with everything that's music related.

A new subcategory: Musicians Corner (for productive Musicians for Engineers)
-- folder: Music Cafe (as it's used to now)
-- folder: One Synth Challenge
-- folder: Mastering Challenge
-- folder: Contests (general, incl. Remix competitions)

The DC Challenge folder can also fit there, though it would make sense to post in in the "Development Section"

Then maybe create a subcategory with everything that has to do with plugin development and mobile devices, including the DIY section. Maybe call it "Development Section" and then put the folders: DIY, DC Chat, Portable Devices, and DSP there.

In terms of a "Theory" section, we can create a THEORY subfolder and then put the Music Theory folder there, the Production Techniques, etc.

Off Topic (Music related) could be moved to OffTopic (which would be easier to find. The Market Place could be enhanced as well... I think of this:

Subcategory: MARKET SECTION
-- folder: Market Place (private FS/WTB/Trade)
-- folder: market Place (firms and deals)
-- folder: Job search / Job offers

This would offer a better overview of KVR and would set it apart from "chaos type" boards to more structured. I know this idea is somewhat copied from GearSlutz and acoustic related boards. But it slowly screams for a new sorting function and subcategories. Especially with the coming up challenges among each user.

The new sorting would then look like this:

FORUMS
- Main Forums
-- subfolders, etc
- Development Section
- Theory (music theory and production tipps)
- Musicians Corner
- Market Section
- OffTopic

Then comes the Muse Research forum
And finally the official developer support forums

So yeah - here is my proposal.
What do the admins and moderators of KVR think about that?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I also think there should be an option to hide whichever subforum we don't want to see listed and/or refreshed in the latest posts list.

Agreed, but I think this is beyond phpBB's capabilities.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Can we please get some input form the mods/admins on this?

Thanks.

Return to “Site Stuff”