Cubase 7?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

any rumors on a Cubase 7 release date? anyone know of any new features that may be added?

nothing but rumors. The Borgz never tease releases.

I think we should just cut/paste the C6 release thread and save everyone the trouble of ..

1) complaining about the standard price
2) complaining about the upgrade price
3) complaining about missing the grace period by 2 days
4) complaining about some obscure bug that's been there since VST/32
5) complaining that some "standard" feature is not included in one of the entry packages
6) complaining that they don't give them a sampler like Halion or Kontakt for free
7) complaining because some plug-in written by their cousin with the original VST SDK won't run.
8) complain because they can't convert MIDI to Audio
9) Complain about the dongle and not being able to register (even though that's worked flawlessly for 2 or 3 years now).

-> .........
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

10) Complaints about how new feature X is not useful for ME
11) Whining about how feature Y should have been implemented years ago
12) Pickering over if included paper manual is waste of paper VS with this price tag it NEEDS a printed manual
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

13) complain that the 7 upgrade is just basically a dot-7 update
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

14) Steinberg, see that sidechaining solution you do? Sort that sh1t out! :x

gravehill wrote:10)
12) Pickering over if included paper manual is waste of paper VS with this price tag it NEEDS a printed manual
Gads, that should have been #1 ... good call!

tehlord wrote:14) Steinberg, see that sidechaining solution you do? Sort that sh1t out! :x
That's where this is difficult ... how do you spot the legitimate complaints in the middle of all the noise :hihi:

If all goes 'normal'... we should expect in the spring on 2013. I seriously can't see it being a major enhancement unless they come up with some unheard of innovative stuff , or major GUI changes. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Deranger604 wrote:If all goes 'normal'... we should expect in the spring on 2013. I seriously can't see it being a major enhancement unless they come up with some unheard of innovative stuff , or major GUI changes. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
5 and 6 were released during the first quarter.

Shortly after Cubase 6 were launched one of Steinberg's representatives said in their forum that Cubase 7 was not going to be just another update. Also that the new GUI didn't make it in time for Cubase 6 but it was on the making.

I think C7 will be announced at NAMM (January 24 - 27, 2013).
I remember only about some statements that the update will be cheaper for 6.5 users.

Cubase 7 will basically add hybrid engine with backround freeze, and a consolidated one window tabbed workflow, which will basically make it the most powerful host on the planet, which all jokes aside, it already is, even though i am a logic/reason user.

ttoz wrote:Cubase 7 will basically add hybrid engine with backround freeze, and a consolidated one window tabbed workflow (...)
Interesting! From which source did you get this info?
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

ttoz wrote:Cubase 7 will basically add hybrid engine

Its good for youuuuuuu

:D

4damind wrote:I think C7 will be announced at NAMM (January 24 - 27, 2013).
Next music/merchant fair is SAE Alumni Convention (end of this month), then NAMM. I think if they announce it at NAMM, then they also sell it at NAMM.
4damind wrote:I remember only about some statements that the update will be cheaper for 6.5 users.
Their upgrade pricing is whack already. I think it's unfair to those that didn't ugrade to .5 (which really wasn't much - though you got the synths more cheap) that they bleed more money for an upgrade. Then again - we talk about Steinberg here, and not Cockos.

I only hope the new GUI won't be as sh't as the Wavelab one, or skinable like Reaper. But hopefully more improved for dual/triple screen usage (window placement.

We have to wait and see. Currently we're still on the upgrade row for Halion (though 4 is pretty stable according to user feedback), Wavelab (I still hate the GUI and I hope that they will implement EBU type metering and BluRay Audio creation within the 7. cycle) and especially Nuendo. Without Nuendo, no Cubase upgrade - since we Cubase users are the guinea pigs for the Nuendo users. :shrug:

Oh and, of course Cubase 7 will only be usable on Windows 8 and drop support up until Windows 7 SP5. Or, we get the boot and Cubase 7 will be (again) Mac only.

And I have a feeling, that VST 2.x will be dropped, which is not(!) good if VST3 is not really backwards compatible. But if that happens, for funks sake, give us better sorting options!!!

Only Steinberg will know...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:And I have a feeling, that VST 2.x will be dropped, which is not(!) good if VST3 is not really backwards compatible. But if that happens, for funks sake, give us better sorting options!!!
Better than which sorting options? VST3 doesn't allow the user to sort anything. Why, that's beyond me. At first I guessed I was doing something wrong or I had overlooked some options in the preferences menu. It took hours and hours to realize it was all Steinberg's choice to take away the freedom of sorting plugins and instead force upon us an Apple-like way of auto-sorting ('we decide this (and nothing else) is good for you').

Dropping VST 2.x won't happen anytime soon since the majority of plugins still use the 2.x. format. It would make Cubase instantly unusable for most of us.
Last edited by Timfonie on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”