What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRian
 
551 posts since 25 Sep, 2006
 

Postby Lennard; Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:27 pm

cotdagoo wrote:Is any of this information being shared with users who do not use the forum here?

ie:
- update to the website informing of the new version
- emailing paid customers
- putting the update on kvr / "my KVR"


I personally haven't received any emails about this update, and only because I replied to this topic did I even find out (due to the notification emails from kvr).

Just would be nice to have more of a heads up than this..... don't think it's asking a lot.

No, it's a pre-release version.
Image
KVRist
 
51 posts since 3 Aug, 2006

Postby cotdagoo; Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 pm

oh.. another beta. okay.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
4473 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:34 pm

Lennard wrote:Hi,

Simply redownload Sylenth1 from the links in your license email.

Best regards,
Lennard


Lennard!! How good to see you here :D

Thanks! :hail:
KVRist
 
37 posts since 13 Nov, 2010

Postby ddcool; Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:11 am

Nielzie wrote:Lennard!! How good to see you here :D

Thanks! :hail:



Yes in deed :) More communication (one-way i mean lennard -> customers) would change a lot and makes it even easier to know if and what is gonna happen.

I think every customer would be very happy if Lennard will change his strategy not to communicate about new development :)
KVRist
 
35 posts since 27 Dec, 2008

Postby rusetsky; Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:45 pm

But what about the 64 bit version for Mac OS ? Sylenth1 in Studio one does not see in 64 bit mode.
KVRer
 
27 posts since 27 Sep, 2010, from European Union

Postby PiotrPochwat; Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:02 am

Lennard wrote:No, it's a pre-release version.


Finally, will the new ''official'' version ? (in the near future) :D
KVRer
 
1 post since 21 Nov, 2012

Postby DaedalusProject; Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Greetings :)

I am fairly new to music production in general,
but I have been playing the piano and the violin for ages.

Sylenth1 has been recommended to me by a friend as a good synth to practice (subtractive?) synthesis on. Is the current version compatible with Windows 8?

I wanted to download the demo, but googled first to check
if it's compatible with my OS and stumbled upon this forum.

Reading through, I guess the fact that the registration doesn't work
will not be an issue since I will be using the demo
so the "Thank you for trying this demo" nag
will be actually appropriate (lol).
I can get rid of it by downloading the beta anyway,
if Sylenth1 sounds good. Another friend told me it sounds "fake"
but I'll just see for myself I guess.
I already have a pair of okay monitor headphones
and an external USB audio interface.

But what about the crashes mentioned?
That would be a major buzzkill.

By the way, my OS is Windows 8 Professional 64-bit,

but Ableton Live runs in 32-bit as of now.
Can I still load 64-bit DLLs in a 32-bit software
and take advantage of my RAM and CPU architecture?

Trying to decide what demo to download, in case it works with my OS.

Cheers and thanks in advance for the info.
KVRist
 
37 posts since 13 Nov, 2010

Postby ddcool; Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:01 am

DaedalusProject wrote:By the way, my OS is Windows 8 Professional 64-bit,

but Ableton Live runs in 32-bit as of now.
Can I still load 64-bit DLLs in a 32-bit software
and take advantage of my RAM and CPU architecture?

Trying to decide what demo to download, in case it works with my OS.

Cheers and thanks in advance for the info.


Hi DaedalusProject,

Sylenth is in deed not fully supported under Windows 8 yet.
The problem with the demo sound was fixed in the full version.
The demo version will play that sound as this is one of the restrictions.
I dont know if Ableton Live got a bridge to load 64-bit plugins.
If so, this wont be a problem. The only requirement is to have a 64-bit os.
Only driver must be native 64-bit in such operating systems.
I would prefer you to use the 32-bit version, as without any bridge it would be better i think.

I cant say something about a crash bug (had nothing), but you can try the demo and see if this happens.

BTW the 32-bit version also has some bugs in Windows 8. I found out, that you cant control the knobs with the scroll wheel anymore.

ddcool
KVRer
 
1 post since 24 Nov, 2012

Postby AntoniosTarlizos; Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:45 am

Hey guys, I've been using S1 myself for 2 years.

The first time installing Win8 gave no problem with using Sylenth1,
using Win8PRO 64bit, and Cubase 6.5 64bit and Sylenth1 64bit of course.

No I hate the whole bridging thing, so I don't use 32bit plugins anymore in my projects, but sometimes I need to dig into something, so I made an other partition for using old projects and thus my 32bit plugins.

As I was installing this - Win8PRO 64bit, Cubase 6.5 32bit and Sylenth1 32bit,
something went wrong. I can use the plugin after activating it, but the "this is a demo-stuff" keeps coming back. As I stumbled upon this forum I tried to jBridge the 64bit Sylenth1, to a 32bit one, and this worked! :)

I'm very happy bout it, so thanks guys; I wanted to post this as a confirmation and stuff ;-)

Take care
KVRist
 
40 posts since 3 Jul, 2010
 

Postby snadge; Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:20 pm

I "THOUGHT" i worked out a fix after a couple of failed re-install attempts (before I saw this thread and seen there was an update)...

DID NOT WORK lol... after 30 minutes or so it came back, i ran installer in compatibility mode for Vista, seemed like it had worked but after a while it came back on
KVRist
 
495 posts since 28 Aug, 2004, from Charlotte, NC USA
 

Postby elipsis1; Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:36 pm

rusetsky wrote:But what about the 64 bit version for Mac OS ? Sylenth1 in Studio one does not see in 64 bit mode.


Yep, I'm waiting on this too. :(
KVRAF
 
18915 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:23 pm

AntoniosTarlizos wrote:Hey guys, I've been using S1 myself for 2 years.

The first time installing Win8 gave no problem with using Sylenth1,
using Win8PRO 64bit, and Cubase 6.5 64bit and Sylenth1 64bit of course.

No I hate the whole bridging thing, so I don't use 32bit plugins anymore in my projects, but sometimes I need to dig into something, so I made an other partition for using old projects and thus my 32bit plugins.

As I was installing this - Win8PRO 64bit, Cubase 6.5 32bit and Sylenth1 32bit,
something went wrong. I can use the plugin after activating it, but the "this is a demo-stuff" keeps coming back. As I stumbled upon this forum I tried to jBridge the 64bit Sylenth1, to a 32bit one, and this worked! :)

I'm very happy bout it, so thanks guys; I wanted to post this as a confirmation and stuff ;-)

Take care



why did you need to do that when official 32 bit FIXED version which can coexist is available in your USER account to download for any legitimate user?
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRAF
 
2513 posts since 13 Feb, 2001, from What do you care? :)
 

Postby Sequent; Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:18 am

Theo, what USER account? I don't remember ever having a USER account at Lennard Digital. Updates were usually announced via an email from Lennard that contained links with a name and a password sent in that email. Each email for each version had a unique name and password.

In a previous post in this thread Lennard said "Simply redownload Sylenth1 from the links in your license email". Well, that email came from Share-It and the links expired in February 2007... SIX YEARS AGO!!!


TheoM wrote:why did you need to do that when official 32 bit FIXED version which can coexist is available in your USER account to download for any legitimate user?
Spacey stuff: www.myspace.com/sequent7
Cloudy stuff: www.soundcloud.com/sequent7

Available on iTunes and at Amazon.
KVRian
 
551 posts since 25 Sep, 2006
 

Postby Lennard; Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:19 pm

If you lost your license email, simply send us an email from your registered email address to get a new one.
Image
KVRist
 
51 posts since 3 Aug, 2006

Postby cotdagoo; Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Lennard wrote:
cotdagoo wrote:Is any of this information being shared with users who do not use the forum here?

ie:
- update to the website informing of the new version
- emailing paid customers
- putting the update on kvr / "my KVR"


I personally haven't received any emails about this update, and only because I replied to this topic did I even find out (due to the notification emails from kvr).

Just would be nice to have more of a heads up than this..... don't think it's asking a lot.

No, it's a pre-release version.

since you popped your head in Lennard, I still haven't received an email about this update - is it pre-release still after 3 months? or have I missed an email?
PreviousNext

Moderators: BarendB, Ruben(LD), Lennard

Return to LennarDigital