Drones, Strings and Choir - Distant Thunder (First track using Albion)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It starts out with some drones, but then shifts gear into more orchestral territory. My first track using Albion. It features more strings than I've ever attempted to use before so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/shangsean/distant-thunder

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/56zayibg2 ... hunder.mp3
Last edited by Shangsean on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Some nice FM? ambient sounds on here, and a very dark, energetic orchestral piece containing hints of Schifrin and Rimsky-Korsakov. I liked the sound of the orchestra and the choir.

Very good :)

Thanks for the feedback.

You commented on the nice ambient sounds... well I actually just realized that the drone intro is actually missing parts. One track didn't trigger properly when it rendered. I'd actually been having the most difficulty with getting the last section correct, so when I rendered the track again I listened to the very beginning and then skipped to the last section. Little did I know that half the first section had some sound missing. That'll teach me to be more patient. Anyway, I've replaced the Soundcloud version now. The direct link still has parts of the beginning missing.

I don't know who those people are you referred to. I'll have to look them up.

That sounds nice. The family are currently not around so I just played the new version at very high volume. Very good indeed. Definitely not background music :)

Argh!
The aliens have landed. They're killing everything in sight!
:o :-o :shock: :help:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

cool intro.
sounds really big and wide.
Interesting orchestral bits, quite dramatic.

Space Opera, great stuff. :)

Thanks for the comments.

I didn't actually have the whole space opera/invasion idea in my head when I created it, but now that's all I can imagine it being and I like it.

Thanks!!!

Cool. My favorite part is the horn blat at 1:44. Initially I wanted to hear it again, but it works better only being there once.

Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

I can hear the alien invasion, too.

I like this piece a lot. :)
Blue Phase Music

Thanks a lot.

It's my very first blat. Happy to hear it had an impact.

Very cinematic and powerful. Reminds me of Bernard Hermann 's soundtrack for Hitchcock's Psycho.

Lovely cinematic vibe, really enjoyed the listen, thanks!
Image Image

Spielberg called, he wants to use this in POLTERGEIST 4 :o
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks so much for the kind words.

I hope this "Spielberg" character is cashed up. I don't come cheap! :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”