What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What has pissed you off today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

hibidy
KVRAF

40517 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:45 pm

This year the folks are coming over here. (shudders)
Ian B
Fearer of cheese

3222 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from UK

Postby Ian B; Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Ian B wrote:
hibidy wrote:SQUISSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:hihi:
It's crossed my mind, as has judicious use of a sterelised craft knife, if only it wasn't so painful, even a tee shirt/sweatshirt rubbing against it is making me wince. Just to make matters worse, I couldn't get a appt to see my GP before 4.15pm this coming Thursday, I have to see him as he's in charge of my epilepsy meds and I need a new prescription as well, I don't want to make two trips to the surgery.
I'm feeling better today, but it's marginal.

I went to see my GP yesterday over the *cyst* problem and I'm now the not so proud owner of what he called "a very, very nasty abscess" Even allowing for swelling it must be getting on for being 4 inches in diameter :(

He couldn't do much with it, or I suspect he didn't want to risk it bursting over his shirt if he tried too hard, so not very gallantly, he arranged for a nurse to see me without a appt. She asked if he'd tried to squeeze it, and to be fair he had, but the main body is solid so I told her yes, but he'd had no luck, as did she when she tried the same.

It had opened during the day so at least some of the pressure had gone and I was given sterile dressings along with magnesium sulphate paste to try and draw the nastiness out, and a course of Flucloxasillin 500mg anti-biotics.

Getting the former was a pantomime as the chemists adjacent to the surgery no longer stocked it, so I reported back to the nurse who phoned the main chemists in town to ask if they did. Luckily they had some (but why, as they're both branches of Boots, one did but not the other, is beyond me) All in all, it was a bit of a adventure, my appt to see my GP was at 4.15pm, but I didn't get home till 6.20, and soaked to the skin at that as the heavens really opened on my way back.
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

1801 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:31 am

Poor person with first world problem: debate over taking advantage of Black Friday iPad discount to hold on to some of that eBaying cash, or supporting "buy nothing day".
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
standalone
KVRAF

5503 posts since 8 May, 2008, from ssssskipping ......... I left you there

Postby standalone; Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:10 am

I'm trying to support "buy nothing day" myself, I have succeeded for now: five shopping carts cleared before checkout. More to come.
SyntheticAurality
KVRAF

7326 posts since 2 Apr, 2002, from Austin, Texas, USA

Postby SyntheticAurality; Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:39 am

Just annoyed at the 1000000000000 ads for ferking Black Friday! :tantrum: :tantrum:

I'm not shopping today, screw it! :evil:
osiris
KVRAF

7318 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:03 am

This has pissed me off for at least a week. Majic 95, the one radio station I can depend on to play oldie goodies has played NOTHING but Christmas music starting a week before Thanksgiving.
Ho Ho Ho-rrible. It's 80 degrees here. Not very Xmas-y...
vurt
addled muppet weed

33535 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:39 am

thing on the back of my ear popped today, worst part (aside from the agony) when i pressed a tissue on it to squeeze out the pus, i could hear it :vom:
GaryG
KVRAF

4571 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:47 pm

you should've sampled it.

made some 'Pop' music.

()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:54 pm

My weight (and no, not because of turkey day)
vurt
addled muppet weed

33535 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:05 pm

GaryG wrote:you should've sampled it.

made some 'Pop' music.

it sounded like squeezing an icing bag :bleh!:
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:15 pm

It's a minor thing but.......

I've always wanted the peterson version of the "clip" tuner and GC had them listed as "in stock". Well, I went the closest one and they were out. Then I drove the the one further and they had it, so I got it. Hmmmmmmmmm, I dunno, we'll see how it goes but this isn't like peterson tuners I've used before. Might have to drive all the way back (don't you feel sorry for me?? :P ) and take it back.

Oh, one other thing. People than can pick up any ol' guitar at guitar center and make it sound like the greatest guitar in history :evil: You people suck!!!
Ian B
Fearer of cheese

3222 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from UK

Postby Ian B; Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:51 am

Ian B wrote:........I was given sterile dressings along with magnesium sulphate paste to try and draw the nastiness out, and a course of Flucloxasillin 500mg anti-biotics.
It's too soon for the anti-biotics to be doing much, but the amount of *gunk* the magnesium sulphate has drawn out of my abscess is something to behold, tho' I wish I'd left checking the dressing till a bit later this morning :shock:
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:29 am

I wouldn't be able to stand it. I'd squish that f**ker with no mercy. I get all the "I can't believe it's not butter" out and then would get the magnifier and tweezers and get 'ER DONE! Neosporin then in and a patch. There, done.
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

1801 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:40 am

standalone wrote:I'm trying to support "buy nothing day" myself, I have succeeded for now: five shopping carts cleared before checkout. More to come.

Well, I succeeded. Not hard, just had to distract myself. Then go to bed. Early.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
camsr
KVRAF

4502 posts since 16 Feb, 2005

Postby camsr; Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:08 am

I noticed air blowing out of my speakers today. The sound seemed to be tuned to the resonant frequency of the helmholtz neck of the speaker cabinet, but I was all frowns.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic