What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Is there anything like synplant, but isn't?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

357 posts since 30 Apr, 2012

Postby DJMashbot; Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:34 am Is there anything like synplant, but isn't?

So, I like synplant's approach to patch design. Is there anything else out there where you tweak unnamed parameters and go with what sounds best? It's not that I don't know how to program my synths, I just like the simplified workflow. Any suggestions?
KVRian

545 posts since 27 Jun, 2011

Postby wasi; Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:51 am

Absynth has the 'mutate' function. Select a patch that you want to 'blend' with the current one and blend it. You can select parameters to ignore, too, re-do or apply again.
sjm
KVRian

656 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:09 am

Crystal also has a breed function with a mutation slider.
KVRian

542 posts since 3 Sep, 2009, from Vancouver

Postby awol9000; Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Predator has preset morphing as well
KVRian

592 posts since 3 Oct, 2011

Postby Nanakai; Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:09 pm

Alchemy can randomly generate patches, or just assign semi-random controls t the macros and put them on the remix pads. It's like having 8 generated patches at once.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
KVRAF

1517 posts since 28 Jul, 2003

Postby Ben H; Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:51 pm

What about Krakli - Cygnus ?
That gives you a pretty interesting and unconventional visual representation of sounds.

All of the synths parameters are mapped onto a picture of a galaxy as stars for you to drag around the image, and arrange in your own order.

Example video here:
http://myvst.com/vst-instruments/ambien ... ygnus-free
My innocuous sig ;)

My main tools: Alchemy, Iris, Kontakt, Omnisphere, Padshop Pro, and SWAM.
Waaaaahhh

1253 posts since 29 Jul, 2001, from montreal, quebec,canada

Postby realmarco; Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Nanakai wrote:Alchemy can randomly generate patches, or just assign semi-random controls t the macros and put them on the remix pads. It's like having 8 generated patches at once.

Absynth as well
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!
KVRist

357 posts since 30 Apr, 2012

Postby DJMashbot; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:05 am

Thanks for the responses. Cygnus looks very interesting, I will definitely check it out. It's easy enough to randomize a synth and get an unusable result, and preset morphing is fun, but I really like the way synplant works because I have to change my approach to sound design and it helps me be a little more creative.
KVRAF

1565 posts since 24 Feb, 2004

Postby re_mute; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:21 am

DJMashbot wrote:So, I like synplant's approach to patch design. Is there anything else out there where you tweak unnamed parameters and go with what sounds best? It's not that I don't know how to program my synths, I just like the simplified workflow. Any suggestions?

Not quite the same but Gladiator has an excellent randomizer with very usable results.
Omnisphere has the orb where you can randomize the both amount and type of effect added.
"What embecile composed this list :/"
KVRAF

8276 posts since 2 Oct, 2006, from ,Location, Location

Postby musikmachine; Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:31 am

Synth Squad with the presetomodload function, not the same but an interesting way of coming up with new sounds. :)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments