What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

I'm getting close to finishing the orchestral bank, finally!!

Official support for: u-he.com

Moderator: Urs

Esgalachoir
KVRian

852 posts since 25 May, 2008, from Pennsylvania

Postby Esgalachoir; Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:28 pm

olepro wrote:Not to say anything bad about Esgalachoir's sounds for Zebra, but this is also alot about his exellent composing and use of the sounds.
The best sounds can easely sound bad if they are used the "wrong" way.
Iv'e heard musicians whith the exellent Yamaha Tyros make it sound like an old Casio !
It could be interesting to listen to some of the sounds played in isolation.

Really good job on the composing (and sounds) Esgalachoir 8)

By the way, if anybody like classical music played by old analog synths then have a listen to Isao Tomita.
Just two exsamples
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRAh_hpc ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEz9VpUo ... re=related

This is true, you can make bad music with my patches too, I've already done it... :hihi:

And yes, with a trained and discerning ear, you will be able to tell that my sounds are synthesized.
This bank, as it stands now, is far from perfect. I've got my work cut out for me this month.

I'll have to take a listen Tomita when I have more energy to spare, I'm exhausted right now.

And thanks, olepro. 8)
ErikH
KVRist

100 posts since 16 May, 2012, from Antwerp

Postby ErikH; Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:49 am

Not meant as a critique on Tomita (whom I know since he played in Far East Band) but nothing compares to the real instruments. No photograph or painting can ever replace a sunset.

But is that a problem? Does it make the photograph/painting less good? Of course not! It does not mean to replace a sunset but to add something to our human desire for art and beauty.
Same with old-school photographs and digital ones. Both have their adepts, missionaries and acolytes.

From my personal point of view Zebra is in the first place *the* synthesizer to synthesize sounds. Some of these can be very "far out" and some can be close to sounds we know, even to instruments we know. But does it have to be a perfect emulation? No, I don't think so. I don't think it is possible to play, say, a violin on a synth. Because a real player on a real instrument will lay his "soul" in every note they play. There's the interaction of the strings with the wood, of the resin on the bow with the strings. A real life player can use every little effect in real time. And these go far beyond pizzicato, soft, mellow, hard or harsh.

So if this orchestral bank is not "perfect", I don't mind. No vinyl, no SDHC or whatever has ever come close to a real-life performance, but that won't stop me from playing the music I like on cd, and even to listen to mp3 in the car.

So don't worry about perfection Esgalachoir as no human will ever attain it. Go your way, do what you want and relax. Creativity is hindered by stress, and by ego.

You could, eventually, always make your orchestral set available in due time, and add updates for registered users later on.

My idea.
Cubase 6.5 64bit | Windows7 | Selected set of VST&VSTi
Guenon
KVRian

591 posts since 17 Jun, 2005

Postby Guenon; Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:47 pm

ErikH wrote:I don't think it is possible to play, say, a violin on a synth. Because a real player on a real instrument will lay his "soul" in every note they play.

A synthesizer is a real instrument, and there are real synthesizer players who will lay their "souls" in every note they play, too. Not commenting on emulating existing acoustic instruments here, just a general observation.
zouki
KVRist

97 posts since 3 Mar, 2004

Postby zouki; Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:54 pm

Any news?

;-)

Zouki
Crackbaby
KVRAF

2857 posts since 10 Sep, 2003, from Karlskoga, Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Crackbaby; Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:54 am

I am so incredible impressed
and yes, the Kelvin labyrinthe is amazing as well. I had no idea that a synth could sound this real .. composition is first class!!!
Elektron Machinedrum Mk1 UW, Analog4, Octatrack
Soundcraft EFX12, Alesis 3630, Nanocompressor, Zoom G13, Tapco 3630
Gordon-Smith Gypsy, Yamaha THR10, P-80
M-Audio Delta 24/96 PCI
timaeus222
Banned

Postby timaeus222; Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:37 pm

That is pretty amazing. Sounds real enough to me.
zouki
KVRist

Postby zouki; Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:26 am

zouki wrote:Any news?

;-)

Zouki

But???...
Esgalachoir
KVRian

Postby Esgalachoir; Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:12 am

zouki wrote:
zouki wrote:Any news?

;-)

Zouki

But???...

Sorry to keep you hanging! I've been away lately so I didn't see this right away.
I've been super busy lately with several projects, but it hasn't kept me from working on the bank, fortunately. I'm at around 80 some patches that can be called complete, but I'm still not quite happy with the string section and woodwinds yet.
Also, I've got another completed demo track for it sitting around here which was originally meant for a short film, but that project had to be transformed due to an unfortunate event, so the music had to change, which left me with an unused finished piece.

So far the bank, as it stands in it's current form: 10 brass patches, 7 string patches, 5 woodwinds, 9 keys, 22 percussion, 26 soundscapes, and 4 sequences.

Also, I don't have a count for the "scrap" patches, but I imagine that will be somewhat high...

As you can see, a couple types out-number some other types of patches...:hihi:
Not really sure I'm comfortable with that after what I advertised this bank to be...:oops:

- Corin
Esgalachoir
KVRian

Postby Esgalachoir; Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:18 am

Crackbaby wrote:I am so incredible impressed
and yes, the Kelvin labyrinthe is amazing as well. I had no idea that a synth could sound this real .. composition is first class!!!

timaeus222 wrote:That is pretty amazing. Sounds real enough to me.

Thanks a lot for listening, guys! :)
Totolitoto
KVRAF

1624 posts since 7 Jan, 2004, from Earth

Postby Totolitoto; Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:45 am

Honestly If all this is true, Urs should contact Mr Zimmer and let him know about you...
You are a genius :shock:

I am officialy jealous
zouki
KVRist

Postby zouki; Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:20 am

Thanks Esgalachoir! We are all waiting patiently... almost! As for X-mas...

*<|;-}

Zouki
Fritze
KVRAF

1721 posts since 13 Aug, 2011, from Berlin

Postby Fritze; Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:14 am

Esgalachoir wrote:Also, I've got another completed demo track for it sitting around here which was originally meant for a short film, but that project had to be transformed due to an unfortunate event, so the music had to change, which left me with an unused finished piece.

- Corin

Ah, I can help you with that: PLEASE POST IT!!! :D 8)
mellotronaut
KVRAF

9984 posts since 2 Jan, 2005, from somewhere in the woods

Postby mellotronaut; Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 am

wow! :love:
"It dreamed itself along"
Esgalachoir
KVRian

Postby Esgalachoir; Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:05 am

Totolitoto wrote:Honestly If all this is true, Urs should contact Mr Zimmer and let him know about you...
You are a genius :shock:

I am officialy jealous

Hah! Nonsense, what does he need me for? He's got Howard and REAL orchestras!(Something I'd like to have access to someday)
Genius? I dunno about that...I've said it before and I'll say it again, I prefer to call myself dangerously obsessed with realism...:hihi:
Esgalachoir
KVRian

Postby Esgalachoir; Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:08 am

zouki wrote:Thanks Esgalachoir! We are all waiting patiently... almost! As for X-mas...

*<|;-}

Zouki

:) ;)

Fritze wrote:Ah, I can help you with that: PLEASE POST IT!!!

Hopefully I can throw it up there by tonight.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Urs

Return to u-he