What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

How do i convert guitar tabs to piano keys?

How to make that sound...

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Peachey
KVRist

262 posts since 13 Jun, 2009

Postby Peachey; Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:09 am How do i convert guitar tabs to piano keys?

Hey guys i am trying to make a remix to Muse's Uprising and i want to put in the solo and some other bits from the guitar but i have no idea of how to make the guitar tab pitch's on the piano keys.

If you get what im saying can you please help me?!?!

Cheers.
Tijl
KVRist

144 posts since 28 Feb, 2008

Postby Tijl; Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:59 am

Just look at it as a guitar being 6 pianorolls;

If for example your tab has a 5 on the lowest string (which is the E string normally) then you start counting 0=E 1=F 2=F# 3=G 4=G# 5=A so you're piano note is an A etc etc (the tuning for a guitar is E A D G B E for the other strings btw

OR; download guitar pro, load in the tab, convert it to midi and you're basicaly done :p
seppesantens
KVRist

31 posts since 13 Nov, 2006

Postby seppesantens; Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:55 am

you also might want to take a look at this:

http://www.looknohands.com/chordhouse/piano/
allcentury
KVRian

602 posts since 9 Dec, 2004

Postby allcentury; Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:21 am

i've owned an account with: 8notes.com for a while. they will convert, it's about $12 a yr. else you can do it by hand but for my line of work, it made sense to pay for the software
geroyannis
KVRAF

2073 posts since 1 Apr, 2004, from Athens, Greece

Postby geroyannis; Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:32 am

Tijl wrote:OR; download guitar pro, load in the tab, convert it to midi and you're basicaly done :p

That's what I would do. But instead of guitar pro I would download TuxGuitar which is free open source. It's an awesome program that does exactly what Guitar Pro does, and of course it opens tabs made in Guitar Pro.
jcrisman
KVRist

357 posts since 15 Aug, 2009

Postby jcrisman; Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:46 pm

geroyannis wrote:
Tijl wrote:OR; download guitar pro, load in the tab, convert it to midi and you're basicaly done :p

That's what I would do. But instead of guitar pro I would download TuxGuitar which is free open source. It's an awesome program that does exactly what Guitar Pro does, and of course it opens tabs made in Guitar Pro.

I just discovered TuxGuitar recently and I like it. One can enter either standard music notation, tablature, click notes on a fretboard, or even click from the chord options. It's GNU/Linux and can be used on Windows and Apple computers.

I use it to import MIDI, add a blank measure in front of the piece, and then export MIDI to Garageband where I will delete the first beat of the blank measure (which usually has MIDI patch selections commands) so that I can use different instruments.
Pengman
KVRer

1 post since 4 Dec, 2012, from Chippenham, UK

Postby Pengman; Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:43 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

Try using the convertor at http://guitartabs2notes.cleverpages.co.uk (http://guitartabs2notes.cleverpages.co.uk)
Currently this converts guitar chord shapes in the format x23332 or similar into notes on a treble stave and will also name the notes for you if you ask it to. Other stuff in the pipeline includes the conversion of linear tabs in the format ---5--- etc and displaying the lower 2 or 3 notes on a bass stave.
Signature blocked until 5 posts made

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sound Design