What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

get CM Studio for FREE!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Crackbaby
KVRAF
 
2860 posts since 10 Sep, 2003, from Karlskoga, Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Crackbaby; Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:20 am

I remember reading you could pick one mag several times and thus "subscribe" it .. do you think it will work or will they maybe remove such tricks once they find out? I'd love to have 15 numbers of CM or Future Music.. :)
iPad Air - Gadget, Auria, Nave, BeatMaker2, Loopy HD, Impaktor, Sugarbytes Trio
Cymatic LR-16, Octatrack, Analog4, System-1, Bitwig, Too many unused plugins
User avatar
chaosWyrM
KVRist
 
425 posts since 28 Apr, 2010, from NYC

Postby chaosWyrM; Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:20 am

bailees7irish wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
solidtrax wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
Crackbaby wrote:If the magazines show up on your account page (zinio's) but not in the reader, make sure you picked February in zinio reader!


the problem is that the zinio reader is asking for a user name and password that it never asked me to set up...so i dont have one. i cant get past the log in screen. its NOT the same as the zino site log on information...well it might be...but that log in information isnt working for me....so i dont know.


When I used the voucher yesterday, I read that I needed to register to be able to read the magazines so I did. So, register on the Zinio website, this only takes a minut or two tops. After that, you will be able to use the zinio application and read your magazines.


ok...for the third time....i did register...the zinio reader is asking for a user name and password...it never asked me to set up a user name or password...the information used to log onto the site is not working for the reader.

example...there is no "user name" when you register for the site...just an email. if i use the email i registered with as the "user name" in the reader...it doesnt work.


It worked for me :shrug:


aha! it just worked. i did exactly the same thing i had been doing the whole time. i dont know what the problem was.

still though....asshattery.
User avatar
solidtrax
KVRist
 
480 posts since 6 Nov, 2011, from The Netherlands

Postby solidtrax; Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:22 am

chaosWyrM wrote:
solidtrax wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
Crackbaby wrote:If the magazines show up on your account page (zinio's) but not in the reader, make sure you picked February in zinio reader!


the problem is that the zinio reader is asking for a user name and password that it never asked me to set up...so i dont have one. i cant get past the log in screen. its NOT the same as the zino site log on information...well it might be...but that log in information isnt working for me....so i dont know.


When I used the voucher yesterday, I read that I needed to register to be able to read the magazines so I did. So, register on the Zinio website, this only takes a minut or two tops. After that, you will be able to use the zinio application and read your magazines.


ok...for the third time....i did register...the zinio reader is asking for a user name and password...it never asked me to set up a user name or password...the information used to log onto the site is not working for the reader.

example...there is no "user name" when you register for the site...just an email. if i use the email i registered with as the "user name" in the reader...it doesnt work.


Don't get mad at me for trying to help you. When you wrote: "the problem is that the zinio reader is asking for a user name and password that it never asked me to set up.." I figured you did not register an account at zinio.

The Zinio reader is indeed asking for a username and password, maybe they should say E-mail and password, as this is what is working for me without a problem.
Energetic & Evolving for discoDSP Corona! 128 fresh presets for EDM and more!
Patches for synths | Website | Soundcloud | Twitter
User avatar
chaosWyrM
KVRist
 
425 posts since 28 Apr, 2010, from NYC

Postby chaosWyrM; Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:50 am

solidtrax wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
solidtrax wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
Crackbaby wrote:If the magazines show up on your account page (zinio's) but not in the reader, make sure you picked February in zinio reader!


the problem is that the zinio reader is asking for a user name and password that it never asked me to set up...so i dont have one. i cant get past the log in screen. its NOT the same as the zino site log on information...well it might be...but that log in information isnt working for me....so i dont know.


When I used the voucher yesterday, I read that I needed to register to be able to read the magazines so I did. So, register on the Zinio website, this only takes a minut or two tops. After that, you will be able to use the zinio application and read your magazines.


ok...for the third time....i did register...the zinio reader is asking for a user name and password...it never asked me to set up a user name or password...the information used to log onto the site is not working for the reader.

example...there is no "user name" when you register for the site...just an email. if i use the email i registered with as the "user name" in the reader...it doesnt work.


Don't get mad at me for trying to help you. When you wrote: "the problem is that the zinio reader is asking for a user name and password that it never asked me to set up.." I figured you did not register an account at zinio.

The Zinio reader is indeed asking for a username and password, maybe they should say E-mail and password, as this is what is working for me without a problem.



i didnt get mad at you. i did however state that i had already tried using the information i used to register for the site. in fact i had said that twice, and since you missed it twice i tried to state it more clearly. if that came across to you as me being mad...well i dont know what to tell you, that was not the intent. ive also said that it finally worked (doing exactly what i had been doing the whole time).

thanks for trying to help though.
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
4373 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:01 am

V0RT3X wrote:Anyone on OSX having issues running the latest Zinio Reader 4 app?

When i open my account on their website, i can access my library.

Image



Once i click on a magazine it takes me to the installation area

Image

Then it launches Zinio Reader 4 which i already have installed, but it wont do anything more than that. :/

I have manually uninstalled it and re-installed it using that exact process but it still won't let me read my damn magazines :tantrum: :lol:


i can't get it to download zinio 4. there always seems top be an error downloading adobe air :(
User avatar
solidtrax
KVRist
 
480 posts since 6 Nov, 2011, from The Netherlands

Postby solidtrax; Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:24 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Anyone on OSX having issues running the latest Zinio Reader 4 app?

When i open my account on their website, i can access my library.

Image



Once i click on a magazine it takes me to the installation area

Image

Then it launches Zinio Reader 4 which i already have installed, but it wont do anything more than that. :/

I have manually uninstalled it and re-installed it using that exact process but it still won't let me read my damn magazines :tantrum: :lol:


i can't get it to download zinio 4. there always seems top be an error downloading adobe air :(


Regarding to your problem with Adobe Air, I had the same problem in Google Chrome, but switching to Internet Explorer fixed this for me.
Energetic & Evolving for discoDSP Corona! 128 fresh presets for EDM and more!
Patches for synths | Website | Soundcloud | Twitter
User avatar
Examigan
KVRAF
 
2713 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from Connecticut, USA

Postby Examigan; Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 am

solidtrax wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Anyone on OSX having issues running the latest Zinio Reader 4 app?

When i open my account on their website, i can access my library.

Image



Once i click on a magazine it takes me to the installation area

Image

Then it launches Zinio Reader 4 which i already have installed, but it wont do anything more than that. :/

I have manually uninstalled it and re-installed it using that exact process but it still won't let me read my damn magazines :tantrum: :lol:


i can't get it to download zinio 4. there always seems top be an error downloading adobe air :(


Regarding to your problem with Adobe Air, I had the same problem in Google Chrome, but switching to Internet Explorer fixed this for me.


Me too, but then I used Firefox and when I clicked on it to install the Zineo reader, then a screen came up saying I needed Flash first (I thought I had it, guess not!) and after that was installed, then it worked.

With Chrome, it never mentioned anything saying I needed Flash. :?
User avatar
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
 
2460 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:52 am

Examigan wrote:Me too, but then I used Firefox and when I clicked on it to install the Zineo reader, then a screen came up saying I needed Flash first (I thought I had it, guess not!) and after that was installed, then it worked.

With Chrome, it never mentioned anything saying I needed Flash. :?


The only problem with Chrome is that it comes with its own installation of Flash/Flash player.
So you have to wait the developers to update the whole Chrome to get the last Flash/Flash player version.
However, with any other navigator, you can download and install it manually.

Anyway, some other forists have posted other routes and ways to download AIR and Zinio.

Have a nice day :)
Image
mabian
KVRAF
 
1673 posts since 9 Jan, 2005

Postby mabian; Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:14 am

The integrated Flash Player in Chrome can be disabled in favour of the system one.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... hrome.html

- Mario
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
4373 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:44 am

sorry, had no time to read the thread this morning before posting

thanks for all the responses regarding the zinio/air issue...in the end i went with the disabling of chrome's internal flash thingy


http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/an ... wer=108086

thanks again

now to hound zinio for my 10 buck vouch :D
Crackbaby
KVRAF
 
2860 posts since 10 Sep, 2003, from Karlskoga, Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Crackbaby; Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:46 am

Crackbaby wrote:If you need another way to download adobe air: http://get.adobe.com/air/


:)
iPad Air - Gadget, Auria, Nave, BeatMaker2, Loopy HD, Impaktor, Sugarbytes Trio
Cymatic LR-16, Octatrack, Analog4, System-1, Bitwig, Too many unused plugins
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
4373 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:50 am

Crackbaby wrote:
Crackbaby wrote:If you need another way to download adobe air: http://get.adobe.com/air/


:)


yeah, but i didn't need it...already had it on my computer which was why it was so frustrating that it failed trying to reinstall something i already had...

just needed to stop chrome diverting :)
User avatar
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
 
2460 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:53 am

Still no voucher coupon.

Can you guys tell me what is the e-mail address where it comes the coupon?
In case i blocked it long time ago or something.

Have a nice day :)
Last edited by IrionDaRonin on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Crackbaby
KVRAF
 
2860 posts since 10 Sep, 2003, from Karlskoga, Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Crackbaby; Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 am

IrionDaRonin wrote:Still no voucher coupon.

Can you guys tell me what is the e-mail address where it comes the coupon?
In case i blocked it long time ago or something :S

Have a nice day :)


notifications@wildfireapp.com
iPad Air - Gadget, Auria, Nave, BeatMaker2, Loopy HD, Impaktor, Sugarbytes Trio
Cymatic LR-16, Octatrack, Analog4, System-1, Bitwig, Too many unused plugins
User avatar
bpblog
KVRAF
 
1559 posts since 22 Apr, 2009, from Belgrade

Postby bpblog; Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:22 am

Crackbaby wrote:I remember reading you could pick one mag several times and thus "subscribe" it .. do you think it will work or will they maybe remove such tricks once they find out? I'd love to have 15 numbers of CM or Future Music.. :)

the credit is worth until April, as i recall. so, it might be possible to get the next three issues of CM and FM.

i'm not sure though, we'll have to wait and see.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments