What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Poly-Ana 2.x feature wish-list

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

How should Poly-Ana 2.x improve on GUI and manage screen size better?

Add scrolling + switchable frame sizes
6%
Switch between different pages for Synth, Key and Performance section, FX, etc
31%
Make the interface 2560 x 1600 pixels in size
17%
Hide controls under little pop-out menus, windows, secret panels, etc.
5%
I like fishsticks.
43%

Total votes : 108
AdmiralQuality
KVRAF

6310 posts since 10 Oct, 2005, from Toronto, Canada

Postby AdmiralQuality; Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:04 pm

camsr wrote:You were right AQ, the mod wheel is a wonderful DC source.

That's why it's remembered and recalled in the patch and host project. The outline around it is the visual cue to represent that, by the way. That's why pitch wheel, and tune and volume don't have them... because they're not stored in the .pap and .pab patch and bank formats. (They are however stored and recalled with the host project, at least Tune and Volume, for obvious reasons.)
AdmiralQuality
KVRAF

Postby AdmiralQuality; Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:14 pm

camsr wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote:
camsr wrote:This patch is one of mine! It uses the mod mixer to harness the power of the mod wheel. Move it up and listen to the sound evolve.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o8rvza
If you want it to sound right, add a smidge of compression to the bass. Delay also sounds good.
Best played on 1/8 notes with space between notes.
You were right AQ, the mod wheel is a wonderful DC source.

It's trying to get me to download something called iLividSetup.exe, which I have zero chance of doing. :)

Email it to me at aq AT admiralquality.com and I'll put it up in the Poly-Ana Patch Exchange.

There is another link that says 'download from sendspace'
Sorry about that, I just search the first free file host I find :/

Can you email it to me? I really wouldn't trust these download sites, they're mostly evil. (I still can't find a legitimate link to download that that isn't trying to trick me into running an .exe).

aq AT admiralquality.com
camsr
KVRAF

4466 posts since 16 Feb, 2005

Postby camsr; Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Sure
AdmiralQuality
KVRAF

Postby AdmiralQuality; Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Ah OK, I found the hidden link to the real payload. (Sigh, I hate these sites.)

Will try it out and put it up shortly...
AdmiralQuality
KVRAF

Postby AdmiralQuality; Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:25 pm

http://www.admiralquality.com/products/ ... hes/camsr/

Cool sound. (Where's the flanger? I thought Poly-Ana didn't have an effects section! ;) )

With sounds like this that have oscillator retriggering, try playing around with the various oscillator phase controls and listen to the dramatic change in the attack of the sound you get. You could also put osc phase on the mod wheel or another controller to make a highly variable sound.

Thanks camsr. (Looking forward to a whole bank! :) )
camsr
KVRAF

Postby camsr; Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:05 pm

AdmiralQuality wrote:Where's the flanger?

LFO. I actually didn't notice I left it in the patch, but it seems to work well.
AdmiralQuality
KVRAF

Postby AdmiralQuality; Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Only 3 days left in our Holiday HALF PRICE Sale. FYI.

(We'll be keeping SCAMP at half price for a while longer, as an update is coming very soon that will make it available on a lot more platforms.)

http://www.admiralquality.com

Happy New Year everybody!
AdmiralQuality
KVRAF

Postby AdmiralQuality; Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:27 pm

;) Just kidding, I'm cool with adding an arpeggiator in Poly-Ana 2.x. You'll even be able to control OTHER synths with it and/or record it to the host.
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

3722 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Batman is clearly confusing sequencing with arpeggiating, as is common among crime fighters who don't know much about music performance and production.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
Teksonik
KVRAF

8622 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:24 pm

AdmiralQuality wrote:I'm cool with adding an arpeggiator in Poly-Ana 2.x. You'll even be able to control OTHER synths with it and/or record it to the host.

Great news! :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Resonator63
KVRAF

3631 posts since 1 Oct, 2006, from Um! Where is this?

Postby Resonator63; Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 am

Teksonik wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote:I'm cool with adding an arpeggiator in Poly-Ana 2.x. You'll even be able to control OTHER synths with it and/or record it to the host.

Great news! :)

Nice idea, I like it :D
david.beholder
KVRist

298 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Postby david.beholder; Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:42 pm

One more suggestion: switch for steppy/free mode for oscillator semitone knob. It will allow some effects when oscs are in hard sync.
Image Sincerely yours, Wyatt Fokkilokk
AdmiralQuality
KVRAF

Postby AdmiralQuality; Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:45 pm

david.beholder wrote:One more suggestion: switch for steppy/free mode for oscillator semitone knob. It will allow some effects when oscs are in hard sync.

You can always modulate the oscillator pitch from the mod wheel for smooth manual pitch modulation effects, but yes, I see your point and I'll think about it. Adding to the list now...

Thanks David!
camsr
KVRAF

Postby camsr; Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 pm

david.beholder wrote:One more suggestion: switch for steppy/free mode for oscillator semitone knob. It will allow some effects when oscs are in hard sync.

This is the Oscillator Keytrack, correct? Or are you saying a switch for the semitone knob detents? Because, there is a fine tune knob also.
camsr
KVRAF

Postby camsr; Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:13 pm

While on the subject of hardsync, why the decision to have osc 3 synced to osc 2 only?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments