What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What Are you Thinking Now/Tell Me What's On Your Mind - (The Big Budget Remake)

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

SyntheticAurality
KVRAF

7370 posts since 2 Apr, 2002, from Austin, Texas, USA

Postby SyntheticAurality; Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:16 am

trimph1 wrote:Great stuff!! :love: :love:

Aww, well, erm, shucks, thanks! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
robojam
KVRAF

20787 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:29 am

vurt wrote:"What brings you to Canada, Mr Behan?" To which Behan is supposed to have replied "Well now, I was in a bar in Dublin and it had one of those coasters, and it said "Drink Canada Dry," so I thought I'd give it a shot." The second story states that he would write a slogan for Guinness if he were given a few crates of the product. The next day, the advertisers from Guinness returned to find the crates empty, surrounded by bits of crumpled paper, and he said "I've got it: 'Guinness makes you drunk.'"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Behan

That's a better quote than the one I do know from him: "I'm a drinker with a writing problem" :hihi:
hibidy
KVRAF

41020 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Seems busy for a friday
SyntheticAurality
KVRAF

7370 posts since 2 Apr, 2002, from Austin, Texas, USA

Postby SyntheticAurality; Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:48 am

Urgh, feeling flat. Had more fun than is allowed by law at the Yellow Rose last night (gentlemans club), but today.. I pay. :cry: :cry: :help:

Cool and damp outside so I'm not motivated to go out - went to the coffee shop anyway and came back with a large latte' and a large drip.. I hope it helps wake me up. :help:

Need to reformat/reinstall the Dell D610 so I can sell it, my Vizio Android tablet is ready to go on Craigslist. Once my living arrangements settle down, it's off to sell the Ibanez bass and the RG250DX. :?

All proceeds go to the "Get Wooly A Nashville Tele" fund. :hihi: :hihi: :hyper:

Back to fiddling with my JamMan Solo XT looper pedal.. not sure if I'm going to keep it. I'm shifting to singer/songwriter mode, so I just want me + guitar + one or two pedals, no more. :? :? Guess my two Zoom MS-50Gs will get sold off too.

Simplify, simplify, simplify. :-o :D
Meffy
Skunk Mod

20423 posts since 10 Jun, 2004, from Pony Pasture

Postby Meffy; Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 am

Thanks to digitizing old cassettes, at last I know who -- or WHAT -- played the part of "The Alien" in Mac Radio Calhoun's Space: Nineteen Fifty-Six! (Six... Six... Six...) By reversing the obviously backwards audio I learn that the actor's name was "Cheap Studio Prop Number 34." All defensive sound effects up! Fire mylar torpedoes! MAUVE ALERT!!!
Hink
Rad Grandad

24699 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Meffy wrote:Thanks to digitizing old cassettes, at last I know who -- or WHAT -- played the part of "The Alien" in Mac Radio Calhoun's Space: Nineteen Fifty-Six! (Six... Six... Six...) By reversing the obviously backwards audio I learn that the actor's name was "Cheap Studio Prop Number 34." All defensive sound effects up! Fire mylar torpedoes! MAUVE ALERT!!!

I found similar in a lost in space episode, the obvious backwards track was a line of the robot's from a different time in the show played backwards. It was suppose to be a radio message coming from a planet in a strange language
New Song LBS
Meffy
Skunk Mod

Postby Meffy; Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:41 am

I have finally identified the houseplant that Millicent brought home from work, then brought back from near-death to thriving condition. Tricky because the species has many different-looking varieties. Ours somewhat resembled Audrey from "Little Shop of Horrors" but without the mouth. It propagates by forming plantlets along the edges of its leaf-shaped stems, then dropping them.

Turns out to be Kalanchoe daigremontiana, aka "Devil's Backbone" or "Mother of Thousands," native to Madagascar. All parts are quite poisonous, deadly to small animals or young children (in South Africa, where it grows wild, it's responsible for a third of all cattle deaths caused by toxic plants).

Into a plastic bag it goes for safety, then into the trash. No way this goes into the compost heap. It would survive and next year's gardens would be full of the stuff. Meh. It looked frightening anyway.
havran
KVRAF

1755 posts since 20 May, 2010, from between a star and the sea

Postby havran; Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:50 am

Meffy wrote:I have finally identified the houseplant that Millicent brought home from work, then brought back from near-death to thriving condition. Tricky because the species has many different-looking varieties. Ours somewhat resembled Audrey from "Little Shop of Horrors" but without the mouth. It propagates by forming plantlets along the edges of its leaf-shaped stems, then dropping them.

Turns out to be Kalanchoe daigremontiana, aka "Devil's Backbone" or "Mother of Thousands," native to Madagascar. All parts are quite poisonous, deadly to small animals or young children (in South Africa, where it grows wild, it's responsible for a third of all cattle deaths caused by toxic plants).

Into a plastic bag it goes for safety, then into the trash. No way this goes into the compost heap. It would survive and next year's gardens would be full of the stuff. Meh. It looked frightening anyway.

Sounds like a good premise for a movie!
Meffy
Skunk Mod

Postby Meffy; Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:34 am

Or a Genesis song.
havran
KVRAF

Postby havran; Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:03 pm

Hmm, Ouija board midi controller!
vurt
addled muppet weed

33618 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:09 pm

whats brown and sticky?
treacle, its really bloody sticky.
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:10 pm

why did the mushroom go to the party?
it was his friend the courgettes birthday.
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:12 pm

why did the toadstool leave the club early?
it was packed, plus he had work the following day.
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:14 pm

when liam glallagher has tomato soup, what does he have with it?
he likes a little bit of pepper, adds to the flavour.
havran
KVRAF

Postby havran; Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:24 pm

Even though I have never unlocked a phone myself, it's at least mildly scary to think that the Library of Congress might have Secret Agents.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic