Samplitude Pro X Silver (Beat Magazine)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I just installed Samplitude Pro X Silver from Beat Magazine. I have managed to get the menu items to be listed in English, but now the help system no longer works. Can somebody tell me if Samplitude Pro X Silver is identical to Pro X with the exception of the 8 track limit? Is the audio processing identical? Is there any limit to the number of VSTs I can use on a single track in Pro X Silver? If Pro X Silver is identical to Pro X with the exception of the 8 track limit, would everything in the standard Pro X manual apply to Pro X Silver? If not, is there an English PDF manual for Pro X Silver?

Thank you!

Just had a quick look at it.
It does not look much like ProX, but more like the older version (11, and the Music Studio editions which were based on it). Seems to be 32 bit only, but at least it works with Windows 7 (the older Music Studio versions which can be bought cheap now and should be about comparable, don't).
Audio processing should be the same, but file export is limited to max. 48kHz/24bit.
The "better" plugins are obviously only included as demos.
Except for the very good audio engine, I'd say this free edition is only useful for very simple projects. If you do not plan to upgrade to the full version, I would not invest to much time into this one.
The 8-track limit might drive you crazy sooner or later, so if you are on a limited budget grab a few bucks and get a Reaper license instead (I am not a Reaper fanboy, BTW).

I guess they only called it "ProX" to use it as a teaser for the full version.

Georg

what fx come with silver?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Thank you for taking a look at it! When you say it does not look much like ProX, do you mean the GUI or the features/operation? I actually have Reaper :), but was thinking of trying this as a test run of Pro X provided it was identical except for the track count. If it is not, that experiment would not really be valid.

Thanks again!

bharris22 wrote:Thank you for taking a look at it! When you say it does not look much like ProX, do you mean the GUI or the features/operation? I actually have Reaper :), but was thinking of trying this as a test run of Pro X provided it was identical except for the track count. If it is not, that experiment would not really be valid.

Thanks again!
it's more, that's why I asked about fx...only two aux busses and only two submix busses (I believe pro x is 64 of each), limited samplerate, not 64 bit, I dont see mention of cd/dvd burning, spectral editing, comping, revolver tracks and really a lot more :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I'm not in front of my music computer now, but I am fairly certain that Pro X Silver has CD/DVD burning capability and spectral editing. Not sure about the other features, but I will check later. The manual provided with Pro X Silver is the full Pro X manual. I'm not that concerned about the included FX as I have a bunch of VSTs, so long as I am not limited to 2 per track :).

I was going to download it but it said it would take two hours :? I'll try later :)

Silver is essentially Samplitude 11 'lite'.
Very limited, but good for doing lite tracking on a cheap laptop, and the opening the project later on in ProX for mix/master.

I'm also not sure if Silver comes with the Soundpools or not.

G

Hink wrote:I was going to download it but it said it would take two hours :? I'll try later :)
Where were you going to download it from? Could you provide a link?

From your initial question I thought you might be a beginner, looking for a cheap host.
If you want to test ProX: simply download it from the samplitude site, it works 30 days as a (almost?) fully-functional demo.

Georg

bharris22 wrote:
Hink wrote:I was going to download it but it said it would take two hours :? I'll try later :)
http://pro.magix.com/en/samplitude/midi ... h.730.html

Hink wrote:
bharris22 wrote:
http://pro.magix.com/en/samplitude/midi ... h.730.html
Thanks. I don't think that is the same as the Pro X Silver that comes with Beat Magazine. That is a link to Samplitude 11 Silver (which I imagine would look and behave similarly to Samplitude 11). I am wondering if the Pro X Silver that comes with the magazine is, in fact, a track-limited version of Pro X . . . If it is identical except for the limitations on the tracks, that might be good enough for me without having to spend the $250 (at least) to get Pro X.

thanx GeorgK

I think the Samplitude Silver Soundcloud edition is the same as the Samplitude 11 Silver edition with the additional ability to upload to Soundcloud. It does not appear to be the same as Samplitude Pro X Silver . . . .

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”