Which Image-Line plugins would you get? (end of the world sale)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

adenozin wrote:
bharris22 wrote:is there any benefit to buying Harmless if you already own Harmor?
I know i'm not Gol but I have both and use them side by side on many of my tracks.

Harmless is awesome in its' own right, instant gratification ! And you can do stuff with it would be waaaaaay more tedious to do with harmor.

In general if I need something that sounds cool I'll use harmless, if I need something that sounds "complex" like a crazy pad, a texture or a heavily modulated bass I'll fire up his big brother :)
Excellent advice - thank you very much! Will likely purchase tomorrow :).

Plus, looking on the Image-Line forum, it appears there are many more user presets for Harmless than there are for Harmor.

bharris22 wrote:
adenozin wrote:
bharris22 wrote:is there any benefit to buying Harmless if you already own Harmor?
I know i'm not Gol but I have both and use them side by side on many of my tracks.

Harmless is awesome in its' own right, instant gratification ! And you can do stuff with it would be waaaaaay more tedious to do with harmor.

In general if I need something that sounds cool I'll use harmless, if I need something that sounds "complex" like a crazy pad, a texture or a heavily modulated bass I'll fire up his big brother :)

Plus, looking on the Image-Line forum, it appears there are many more user presets for Harmless than there are for Harmor.
Harmor is younger brother actually (birthdate wise), thats why it got less presets.

@TonyTony - can you please comment on the Harmless question above? In other words, is there any benefit to buying Harmless if you already own Harmor?

in theory, Harmor can do everything that Harmless does. In practice, we could hardly port the best Harmless presets to Harmor. Harmor is a lot more complex, chances are that if you made a nice preset using Harmless, you wouldn't have made it using Harmor, even if it's possible.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

tony tony chopper wrote:
@TonyTony - can you please comment on the Harmless question above? In other words, is there any benefit to buying Harmless if you already own Harmor?

in theory, Harmor can do everything that Harmless does. In practice, we could hardly port the best Harmless presets to Harmor. Harmor is a lot more complex, chances are that if you made a nice preset using Harmless, you wouldn't have made it using Harmor, even if it's possible.
In a sentence, different workflow leads to create different sounds on each of the synths.

directwave and drumsynth or drumaxx.

AND if it would be possible to convert it to vst,
Granulizer 1000000%.

I just learned about this JRR sale today, got Harmor, ended up costing $49.72 after an additional (automatic) groupbuy coupon. That's a heck of a deal for such synth. I guess I now know how the weekend will be spent :hihi:

I have Komplete and Razor so I thought other products will be too much of an overlap, although I always had a soft spot for Sytrus and thought it sounded much better than FM8. Well, if this sale will go till the end of May, I am not sure I'll be able to resist :D

bharris22 wrote:
np ! Hope you have fun with it :)

Can anyone tell me how to add a bank of presets to Harmor? I don't have FL, and the best I could do after I downloaded Arksun presets is to load just one preset at a time.

Cygnus X-1 wrote:Can anyone tell me how to add a bank of presets to Harmor? I don't have FL, and the best I could do after I downloaded Arksun presets is to load just one preset at a time.
Isn't there a folder in /%user%/Appdata/Roaming/Image Line/Harmor/ ?

Assuming you're on windows. It's either there or in Program Data/Image Line/Harmor/ or /Program Files/Image Line/Harmor/.

^^^ Move all of them to "Presets" folder. You can find it in Program files > Image-line > IL Harmor > Presets. Once done, it would show up in the plugin browser.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:^^^ Move all of them to "Presets" folder. You can find it in Program files > Image-line > IL Harmor > Presets. Once done, it would show up in the plugin browser.
Yeah, sorry for the mess. Program Files (x86)/Image Line/IL Harmor/Presets/ it is.

The menu structure is two levels deep. The first folder gets displayed as a seperator with the folder title, second level as a pop-out list, third level folder gets displayed as a seperator within the pop out list.

I put all the factory preset folders into a 'Factory' folder and any additional soundset in their own folder. That way I get a list of soundsets and their sub-categories in the main preset menu and seperate pop-outs for the soundset categories. If that makes any sense...

Harmor is like the big brother of Ogun and Harmless, so I don't really see the need for either of those as I got Harmor.

Sakura looks interesting, but as I already got AAS String Studio, I guess I'm covered for string modelling plugins?

Can Sakura do something the AAS plugin can't?

Numanoid wrote:Harmor is like the big brother of Ogun and Harmless, so I don't really see the need for either of those as I got Harmor.

Sakura looks interesting, but as I already got AAS String Studio, I guess I'm covered for string modelling plugins?

AAS String Studio is much better (better sound quality and more features) than Sakura IMO...

Numanoid wrote:Harmor is like the big brother of Ogun and Harmless, so I don't really see the need for either of those as I got Harmor.

As i said, different workflows will yield different results, and Harmless is a perfect companion to Harmor, especially at this rediculus price.

ferez21 wrote:As i said, different workflows will yield different results, and Harmless is a perfect companion to Harmor, especially at this rediculus price.
You got a point there, just realized that it's just $31 (and -15%), so yeah, I'll go for it I think :)

Then I'll think a bit more about Ogun...

Return to “Instruments”