Has anyone tried the new "Friedlander Violin" from Embertone?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi EvilDragon. Thanks for the hint! In fact I've got Hybrid Strings and it's a great instrument for many things, but it hasn't quite got that strident rosin attack character I'm looking for right now…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:Hi EvilDragon. Thanks for the hint! In fact I've got Hybrid Strings and it's a great instrument for many things, but it hasn't quite got that strident rosin attack character I'm looking for right now…

/Joachim
Joachim! What about this little ditty? This was one of the original user demos, just days after the instrument was released!

https://soundcloud.com/novation_music/ryuu-waltz

-Alex
EMBERTONE

Obsessive Instrument Sampling

www.embertone.com
info@embertone.com
Elevate Your Sound

Wow, very rosin!

Indeed a lot of nice rosin… ;-)

Couldn't resist any more - jumped off the fence, down to the Embertone website.

Downloading as I write! :-D

Kind regards,

Joachim

Have fun! :)

EvilDragon wrote:Have fun! :)
Thank you! I already am - having fun, that is.

The Friedlander is one awesome instrument. Just diving in without even reading the manual, I can see (hear!) that it's going to be great for what I have in mind!

Now, practice is the order of the day… ;-)

/Joachim

embertone wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:Hi EvilDragon. Thanks for the hint! In fact I've got Hybrid Strings and it's a great instrument for many things, but it hasn't quite got that strident rosin attack character I'm looking for right now…

/Joachim
Joachim! What about this little ditty? This was one of the original user demos, just days after the instrument was released!

https://soundcloud.com/novation_music/ryuu-waltz

-Alex
Any chance of getting the midi file for that (for study)?

you'd have to ask the composer - I'd message him on Soundcloud!

-alex
EMBERTONE

www.embertone.com
info@embertone.com
Elevate Your Sound

embertone wrote:you'd have to ask the composer - I'd message him on Soundcloud!

-alex
Oh, OK. For some reason I thought it was produced by Embertone.

Will do, Thanks!

Did anyone else have problems unzipping this? I've tried, first unzipping the 16-bit instruments ZIP file, and then unzipping the large (500 mb) RAR files in sequence (01, 02 etc) but get error messages starting with the 3rd RAR that a nkx file is "broken," and 04 refuses to unzip at all. I tried this with 7-zip; after the failure, I deleted all unzipped files and tried again with WinRAR, but had the same problem.

I do know how to unzip files; I've done so with around 40 Kontakt instruments without incident. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I'd be grateful for any advice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Emailed you some questions about your interaction with Continuata's CONNECT application. Thanks!

-Alex
EMBERTONE

www.embertone.com
info@embertone.com
Elevate Your Sound

Thanks Alex. We have cleared this up in our correspondence.

For the benefit of anyone else: the trick is to NOT unzip the ZIP and RAR files. The Continuata utility both downloads them to your chosen drive AND unzips them, watermarking them in the process. You are then good to go. If you subsequently try to unzip the files yourself, you'll mess things up.

This wasn't obvious to me, and was the cause of my problems.

Live and learn!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

As others have noted, this is an absolute pig on the CPU. I have a lot of big Kontakt libraries, but only Embertone stresses the system. I hope they can push out some further updates to fix things.

spirit wrote:As others have noted, this is an absolute pig on the CPU. I have a lot of big Kontakt libraries, but only Embertone stresses the system. I hope they can push out some further updates to fix things.
Hey Spirit,

After the 1.01 update, those issues should be gone. Other than using a lot of RAM, if your system is optimized you should not be getting CPU spikes. Are you running logic? What kind of system are you running and what is your buffer setting (within logic and on your audio interface).

I run Friedlander in Cubase (using VE Pro) with absolutely 0 problems, pops, glitches, etc. I keep my latency at 512 although users are reporting success with 256 and even 128.

Thanks!

Alex
EMBERTONE

www.embertone.com
info@embertone.com
Elevate Your Sound

Thanks Alex,

I should really have sent a support request rather than blah on here. I'll run a real test tonight and report back.

Absolutely adore the sound!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”