Dell WUXGA / Anyone benchmarked Intel Dothan for audio?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dell have given me a 5% discount coupon for their home user machines and I've been drooling over the Inspiron 8600 for ages. However, the 2Ghz Dothan version of the machines only come with WXGA or WUXGA screens. I heard the WUXGA screen is virtually illegible and fiddly to use (although I have very good eyesight and happily used a 1024x768 15" laptop as a desktop - about 2 feet away before). The WSXGA (which is the intermediate resolution) only comes with the top of the line Dothans, the price premium for which, I'm not prepared to pay.

So... I'm trying to choose between a 1.7GhZ Pentium M with WSXGA screen and a 2.0GhZ Dothan with WUXGA. The question is, how much better does the Dothan perform for audio, and how much worse are the WUXGA screens than the WSXGA? :-o
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

BUMP

Sitting.. Drooling.. At the Checkout button, with a 1.7GhZ Dothan/WUXGA sitting in the basket. Sale ends tomorrow. Someone tell me to do it! Then I can blame you. :P

:D

Does it do jaaaaath acronym boy? If so, put it back.... :P

Do you have a glossary jath boy, i dont know WTFYATA :-o

:lol:

It has a special Jazz accelerator FYI :P

Kriminal wrote:Do you have a glossary jath boy, i dont know WTFYATA :-o

:lol:
PS Coming to Alley Katz (formerly Kafe Da) this weekend? It's Norwich's premier new Jazz club :D

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”