Just a Sad Ass Wannabe Popstar

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do you think folks.

http://www.sinte-virtual.com/evmsynths/mp3/lookaway.mp3

Is it to be:-

A constant string of worldwide number one hits.
Fame and fortune. Fast cars, luxury yatchs and a
villa in every mediterranean country. A different 'it'
girl every month and constant invites to the playboy mansion.
News casts, publicity photo shoots and weekend appearances on
the saturday night talk shows.

Or,
Is it to be:-

Sinking into the depths of depressive failure. Lonely night
viguals in a run down apartment throwing empty beer cans
at the TV. Writing solemn 'She loves me, she loves me not'
lyrics onto the back of a kellogg's cornflakes box passively
rescued from the cat litter, whilst gobbing into a cheap ass
radio-shack mic the latest ramblings of a vomit inducing
love song.

Is it to be fame and fortune or just a sad ass
wannabe popstar.

You decide!

EVM

evmsynths wrote:A constant string of worldwide number one hits.
Fame and fortune. Fast cars, luxury yatchs and a
villa in every mediterranean country. A different 'it'
girl every month and constant invites to the playboy mansion.
News casts, publicity photo shoots and weekend appearances on
the saturday night talk shows.
I got tired of it, eventually :wink:

Don't go slicing of your ear or anything man, we need you to keep making synths :P

Try a good anti-depressant.

Reminds me of Danzig & Bowie :shock: . I'm really liking this. There are few times it gets a little cheesy, in that Queen old 70's rock type cheese.

Well actually thinking about it Danzig and Bowie are kind of cheesy also but I still love them :lol: .

Sorry I can't think of anything to change that'll shoot you up on your way to pop stardom; but I think you're already on the path to cult status :D .

How did you manage to get it so lo-fi??
Though this ain´t 100 % my style, I liked it. especially during the more agressive parts.
I dunno why, but this kinda music I think would to movies like "the warriors" or "phantom of the theme park" (aint that what it´s called, the one featuring Gene Simmons from Kiss?), but you should use some of your fantastic synths on it!
Best Regards

Roman Empire

>>How did you manage to get it so lo-fi??

- Cheap ass radio-shack mic with extension wire and
dodgey soldering!
- Korg ddm110
- Guitar (brand unknown)
- A few vst/i
- Marshall amps 5 meters away (built in reverb)
- 4 track tape (remember that!)

No compression. just record at 50% level then
de-hiss and normalise to 100%

So:-
is it the super yacht in Saint Tropez :) or the
apartment block next to the gas works? :(

EVM

evmsynths wrote: Is it to be:-

Sinking into the depths of depressive failure. Lonely night
viguals in a run down apartment throwing empty beer cans
at the TV. Writing solemn 'She loves me, she loves me not'
lyrics onto the back of a kellogg's cornflakes box passively
rescued from the cat litter, whilst gobbing into a cheap ass
radio-shack mic the latest ramblings of a vomit inducing
love song.

Is it to be fame and fortune or just a sad ass
wannabe popstar.

You decide!

EVM
Well, if you're in it for the pussy, money, and fame then I think you're in it for the wrong reasons. (wait come back) That's a secondary feature that may come from success, but it isn't what music is all about. Do it in the name of art first. After that it doesn't matter if you live in a $10 million New York skyrise or live in the gutter behind the homeless shelter, in your thrifty store, powder burned, Hanes underwear. Offer all you have and it will pay you back in full, it's a form of expression, it's revealing your inner-most to share the depths of your soul. Most people will never find a way to show that part of themselves, it's something special to achieve and something special to behold if performed correctly. It's a reward in and of itself.

Oh as far as the song goes. It's pretty cool in a made it in 2004 and it sounds like 70's early 80's music of the day. Sounds very authentic of the time. From a geeky computer recordist's perspective, the lo-fi-ness is very retro, and pretty cool. If I was a 24 year old, big chested blonde, I'd probably say "yuck, sounds like some old big haired rocker". What will it be?

Everything's nice except the drop-outs. (Flutter? Wow?). Tad too low-fi. Reminds me of a 3rd generation overplayed tape, that somehow survived the hiss problem.

Thanks for your lessons in lo-fi, I completely forgot about this true art! This is REAL lowlife, not fake shit like what we hear alot of nowadays!

The guy on the picture is what I imagine you looking like, at least after I heard this tune:

PS: If you´d have a more clean recording of the vocals, I´d be interesting in remixing it - you know I´ve got a 70s disease too, right? :)
Best Regards

Roman Empire

>>The guy on the picture is what I imagine you looking like, at least after I heard this tune: :-o :lol:

>>and it sounds like 70's early 80's music of the day
---------------------------------------
Well that is how we did things back in the old days before digital recording.
Sometimes it is good to go back to basics!

Just a little ego trip for me. I think will stick to Vst's

Ego:-
http://www.sinte-virtual.com/evmsynths/mp3/ego.mp3

EVM

:D :lol: Lofi? I honestly didn't hear it. I always get that about my music too here :wink: . Maybe everyone here is used to crystal clean digital/fake analog electronics. Putting a guitar and vocals in there just doesn't sound right huh?

Thinking about the fame, I guess you could look at The Darkness? Just go way more over the top and parody yourself :P .

I guess if it were still the 70's the fame and stardom could have awaited you. 8)

I think its rather cool, hearing a tune such as this from a dev making these top-modern synths. Rather unexpectedly too.... :)

A rather good vocal going here though;

Enjoyed :D

Mystahr wrote:I think its rather cool, hearing a tune such as this from a dev making these top-modern synths. Rather unexpectedly too.... :)

A rather good vocal going here though;
excatly what i was thinking hearing this tune.

cool but a bit too much lo-fi processed for my delicate ears... :lol:

memorable. i'll have to look up that word 'song..' archaic or vernacular? :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

song, song.. "material signature of spirit, particularly of discrete forms, transsubstantiation of moment, an implicitly internalised communication by virtue of medium."

can't make heads nor tails of it myself, might be my accent.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

sickle666 wrote:
>>Try a good anti-depressant.

Money, is the best anti-depressant available. :)

EVM

Return to “Music Cafe”