Ambiencellist

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know I'm very late to this particular party but I finally got around to listening to the sound bites Claire has got up on her site.

:-o :shock: :o

:D

Nice work, Claire! Make sure you pack my freshly ordered CD nice and tight so it can survive the long trip all the way over here :)

Now all I have to do is wait for it I suppose. But I want it now... :cry:

Anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about should visit http://www.ambiencellist.com (and http://www.fitchsounds.com for good measure)

-s

it is indeed a fine cd
and i will again take this oppurtunity to praise fitch for her work :hail:

a fair few latenight bong sessions to be had with that cd 8)

One Fitch to rule them all, One Fitch to find them,
One Fitch to bring them all and in the coolness bind them. :D

:D Thanks Shane (smp) :D

i just saw your order before i came to visit KvR..

Yep.. it'll be packed in tight .. and posted this afternoon with an armful of others too

thanks.. i really appreciate the kind words.. and i'm sure you'll love it. It's very chilled.

I'm just trying to push out the 2nd one for this summer..

it'll be called "cellospheres" i have the tracks... nearly finished mixing them..

and they'll be up on KVR when i get a moment of peace and quiet :D

and shane sanders and vurt :D :D :D thankyou kind sirs :D :D :D

Enjoy it smp. Ambiencellist is a beautiful CD. I have been listening to it for about a year now. It always provides an escape to a unique musical world. Claire Fitch is a treasure. I really look forward to her new CD.

Best,
Gordon
Last edited by Beardedone on Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

new cd 8) :D
just charge it to my account :wink:

Do you have artwork already for your new work? If not, let's talk!

-Shane

:D PM coming your way my friend :D

first cd i listened to this morning was...

Fine CD indeed...

A true orignal, which is a huge deal now a days
peace,
david

Beardedone wrote:Enjoy it smp. Ambiencellist is a beautiful CD. I have been listening to it for about a year now. It always provides an escape to a unique musical world. Claire Fitch is a treasure.
What Gordon sed :D

Looking forward to the new one Claire :)

[bio]
"it is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
biomechanoid website: www.universal-communication.net/biomechanoid/bio02.html

smp wrote:
Anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about should visit http://www.ambiencellist.com (and http://www.fitchsounds.com for good measure)
Just listened to the clips, sounds very nice indeed.

However, I'd rather have the hype on the front page toned down a bit. I had problems with this paragraph especially: "Would Steve Roach, Kit Watkins, Klaus Shultz, Vangelis and Tangerine Dream get goosebumps if they heard this wonderful combination? We're sure they would. Add to the mix some beautiful celtic themes and you have a sound that has never before been heard on CD."

I mean, ambient artists have for decades used all possible means of sound generation as a musical ingredient, there is nothing particularly unique in the idea of using cello in ambient work. Tangerine Dream has actually had cello featured in their recordings and Roach is well known for using a wide variety of time-honoured asian instruments in his music. Noting the absolutely otherworldly processes some (ambient) artists go through to get their sounds, you really need to go a bit further than combine a cello with ambient to be able to say that the process itself is unique.

But this was just an aside, no offence intended. And the music is beautiful.

Now here's a prime example of why KvR is such a useful resource.

I was just browsing through the forum and came across this message, took a listen and was well impressed. Just ordered the CD :)

David
nope...nothing!!

There's a new CD in the works?

:D

So many different artists with such good music, so little room on the plastic and so little time to listen to it all...

Oh, it's a good time to be alive, methinks :lol: :D

-s

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”