What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist
 
182 posts since 13 May, 2012, from Minnesota

Postby Doc Brown; Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Mutant wrote:1. Spawn the plugin.
2. Move a control on the GUI.
3. Click "Param" on the top right, pick "Learn" from the menu.
4. Move a knob or a fader on your hardware.
5. My settings for that little "MIDI/OSC Learn" window: CC mode = Absolute, all checkboxes unchecked.
6. Click "OK"
7. Repeat 2-6 for all parameters you wish to MIDI learn.
8. Open the tracks FX window, select only Charlatan, FX/"Save selected FX as chain..." - this will save all the MIDI learn settings and you wont have to repeat the process ever again.


Hey Mutant.

No can do my friend. It's not working for some stupid reason. I've tried it 15 times I bet to no avail. After I twist the knob it gives me a midi CC number showing it discovered my knob input. I then make sure it's set to absolute. I click ok and nothing. I have no idea what's going on with it.
KVRAF
 
2086 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:32 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Mutant wrote:1. Spawn the plugin.
2. Move a control on the GUI.
3. Click "Param" on the top right, pick "Learn" from the menu.
4. Move a knob or a fader on your hardware.
5. My settings for that little "MIDI/OSC Learn" window: CC mode = Absolute, all checkboxes unchecked.
6. Click "OK"
7. Repeat 2-6 for all parameters you wish to MIDI learn.
8. Open the tracks FX window, select only Charlatan, FX/"Save selected FX as chain..." - this will save all the MIDI learn settings and you wont have to repeat the process ever again.


Hey Mutant.

No can do my friend. It's not working for some stupid reason. I've tried it 15 times I bet to no avail. After I twist the knob it gives me a midi CC number showing it discovered my knob input. I then make sure it's set to absolute. I click ok and nothing. I have no idea what's going on with it.


The first that comes to mind is to make sure that you have your Options/Preferences/MIDI devices/In from "your midi hardware name here" set to Enabled+CONTROL.

Doubleclick on it and check "Enable input for control messages".
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
KVRist
 
182 posts since 13 May, 2012, from Minnesota

Postby Doc Brown; Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:01 am

Mutant wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Mutant wrote:1. Spawn the plugin.
2. Move a control on the GUI.
3. Click "Param" on the top right, pick "Learn" from the menu.
4. Move a knob or a fader on your hardware.
5. My settings for that little "MIDI/OSC Learn" window: CC mode = Absolute, all checkboxes unchecked.
6. Click "OK"
7. Repeat 2-6 for all parameters you wish to MIDI learn.
8. Open the tracks FX window, select only Charlatan, FX/"Save selected FX as chain..." - this will save all the MIDI learn settings and you wont have to repeat the process ever again.


Hey Mutant.

No can do my friend. It's not working for some stupid reason. I've tried it 15 times I bet to no avail. After I twist the knob it gives me a midi CC number showing it discovered my knob input. I then make sure it's set to absolute. I click ok and nothing. I have no idea what's going on with it.


The first that comes to mind is to make sure that you have your Options/Preferences/MIDI devices/In from "your midi hardware name here" set to Enabled+CONTROL.

Doubleclick on it and check "Enable input for control messages".


Hey Mutant.

Figured out that what you described works on my main controller. Awesome! I've been trying to make it work on my Arturia 49 key controller as it has knobs and sliders set up for synth duty. It will not work for some reason on the Arturia...maybe because of encoders or ssomething. Anyway, thanks for your help man. Appreciate it. :tu:
User avatar
KVRist
 
137 posts since 3 Feb, 2013
 

Postby ZenSound; Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:17 am

Image

Hello all KVR people!

I present the Final Update of Rebeld, this free soundset for Charlatan is now fully updated with:
    Normalized volumes
    Mod-Wheel control
    128 patches
    PDF installation guide

You can download the entire soundset for free in:
http://www.zensound.es/soundsets/charlatan-rebeld-free/

I hope you like it, and of course I'm open to suggestions and commentaries.

Also from now we have in ZenSound a Christmas 50% offer in all soundsets!

Thanks!
Image
KVRist
 
183 posts since 29 Apr, 2013

Postby toothnclaw; Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:49 am

So where is karrikuh? I just love it when devs disappear into thin air and leave their half-baked projects behind. :x

Just finish them first, FFS!

I hope karrikuh will be back with a nice basketful of updates [mostly of his fx].
KVRAF
 
2086 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:55 am

toothnclaw wrote:half-baked


Image
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
KVRist
 
182 posts since 13 May, 2012, from Minnesota

Postby Doc Brown; Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:12 pm

toothnclaw wrote:So where is karrikuh? I just love it when devs disappear into thin air and leave their half-baked projects behind. :x

Just finish them first, FFS!

I hope karrikuh will be back with a nice basketful of updates [mostly of his fx].


Very not cool.
KVRist
 
70 posts since 27 Mar, 2013

Postby Autobot; Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:36 am

toothnclaw wrote:So where is karrikuh? I just love it when devs disappear into thin air and leave their half-baked projects behind. :x

Just finish them first, FFS!

I hope karrikuh will be back with a nice basketful of updates [mostly of his fx].


Wow how ungrateful ... If you don't like Charlatan then leave it or make your own synth ... Can't believe that such people are existing
I grew up on a junkyard, where I started to feed from hubcaps and bumpers
KVRAF
 
2498 posts since 21 Jul, 2009
 

Postby mrblitz; Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:10 pm

it seems charlatan is 'very well cooked' -- neither half-baked nor overdone.

ymmv

in any event, maybe tooth was referring to the separate fx vsts...
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2203 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:18 pm



Image

i help u out! it's just the right gif for yourself.. ..thanx! :)
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
KVRAF
 
2086 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:05 pm

ZenSound wrote:Image

Hello all KVR people!

I present the Final Update of Rebeld, this free soundset for Charlatan is now fully updated with:
    Normalized volumes
    Mod-Wheel control
    128 patches
    PDF installation guide
You can download the entire soundset for free in:
http://www.zensound.es/soundsets/charlatan-rebeld-free/

I hope you like it, and of course I'm open to suggestions and commentaries.

Also from now we have in ZenSound a Christmas 50% offer in all soundsets!

Thanks!


Thank you very much :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
User avatar
KVRist
 
137 posts since 3 Feb, 2013
 

Postby ZenSound; Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:51 am

Mutant wrote:Thank you very much :)


I'm glad you like it, thanks :)
Image
KVRer
 
15 posts since 6 May, 2004

Postby albertodream; Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:22 am Re: Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

I've made two banks (64 sounds) for Charlatan. Many of the sounds uses the Mod Wheel.
I called the banks 'Retro'.

hope you like it :)

You can download them here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/charlatan-by-blaukraut-engineering/downloads
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2328 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:06 pm Re:

toothnclaw wrote:So where is karrikuh? I just love it when devs disappear into thin air and leave their half-baked projects behind. :x

Just finish them first, FFS!

I hope karrikuh will be back with a nice basketful of updates [mostly of his fx].

Charlatan is everything but half baked. In fact, it's probably more full baked than Karrikuh himself planned. :hihi: The intention was to make a really simple synth with NOT loads of features, and that's obviously what he achieved. Tbh, i would also like it to have some more options, especially the lack of midi learn bothers me when i use it. But then, it is his plugin, he can choose whatever he likes to do with it, and therefor give it for free. Maybe one day we see a payware plugin from him, then we can complain what it doesn't have at least. :P
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments