What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

App for notation?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

155 posts since 18 Apr, 2009

Postby miden; Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:58 pm App for notation?

Hi all, I am looking for an iPad app that will capture and automatically notate what I am playing on an attached midi keyboard. Does anyone have recommendations?

Thank
KVRist

298 posts since 19 Sep, 2012

Postby BiancaNeve; Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:21 am Re: App for notation?

Have a look at Symphonix evolution.
Instant human just add coffee
KVRist

202 posts since 1 Oct, 2010

Postby b4serenity; Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:40 am Re: App for notation?

What about for a W7 PC? Anything free?
John
"B4serenity"
KVRist

440 posts since 13 Dec, 2011, from Alliance, NE

Postby Derek Buddemeyer; Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:28 am Re: App for notation?

Notion
Rock On!
KVRist

Postby miden; Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:07 pm Re: App for notation?

BiancaNeve wrote:Have a look at Symphonix evolution.

Thanks - yes Symphonix Evo has been recommended by others at another forum. It looks rather good and TBH I am about ready to buy it, I am just making sure there are no "darkhorses" floating about before committing.

Cheers
KVRer

2 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby beat_s; Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:24 pm Re: App for notation?

hi,
still check
Notion
as recomendet by Derek,
i do think that it's fantastic for the iPad
cheers
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
KVRer

4 posts since 31 May, 2013, from California

Postby Jaydiem; Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:57 pm Re: App for notation?

I'd go for Notion. I haven't tried the other app recommended, but Notion has been absolutely amazing. I was blown away by it's capabilities and the developers seem to keep things updated and are a growing company. I suspect they have their sights set on the big guys in the notation software field because I recently saw they now have a desktop application, too. I'm gonna check out that other app, though...but you should definitely try out Notion if you like to input MIDI notes in real time. It's actually my "show off" app to people who say the iPad is simply a media consumption device and not suited for creation. I bust out a MIDI keyboard, powered by the iPad, and after adjusting Notion's settings for real-time input, I play something flashy on the keyboard and it pops up all written out. It's great to set the split point for treble and bass clef so a complete piano piece magically appears.

Depending on the person, at that point it may be a perfect time email the newly created score as a PDF and yell, "Consume that, bitches!" :wink:
KVRist

Postby miden; Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:02 am Re: App for notation?

Okay thanks guys - I did have a "passing" look at Notion, but it did not "read" as well as the Symphonix....but I will re-visit it before making the final purchase :)

Cheers

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Mobile Apps and Hardware