What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

looking for basic ping pong delay

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

99 posts since 3 Aug, 2012

Postby baba_anubis; Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:02 am looking for basic ping pong delay

hello, I need a little help :help:

I am looking for a really simple PING PONG delay just like the built in cubase

that can play sync 1/8D and have a long tale with option of shutting down the modulation

really basic and simple pingpong delay

and I prefer FREEWARE
ImageImageImage
KVRAF

8889 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:08 am Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

I'd recommend the KarmaFX Dee-lay - free, simple, easy to adjust and sounds so great that I still use it on every track... :love:

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/karmafx_dee_lay_by_karma_fx
KVRist

Postby baba_anubis; Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:12 am Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

ok any more will be great...

I tried classic delay from KJAERHUS, set it to 3/16 so it will function as 1/8d in mono mode worked great in ping pong mode something bad happen

its like he play the sound the 3/16 again then going to 1/4 mode really strange

also tried to use NASTY DLA but couldnt get a clean simple sound without any modulations

maybe because its more echo then delay...can someone explain me the diffrences between delay and echo?
ImageImageImage
KVRian

1221 posts since 25 Jun, 2008, from Montreal, Canada

Postby xx JPRacer xx; Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:12 am Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

http://www.e-phonic.com/plugins/retrodelay.php

baba_anubis wrote:can someone explain me the diffrences between delay and echo?

Delay is the general term. Echoes are delay which are generally above 100 ms.
Last edited by xx JPRacer xx on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRist

Postby baba_anubis; Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:14 am Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

thank you...really fast replies wow :party:

I will try both of them really soon

any more will be awesom
ImageImageImage
KVRAF

1789 posts since 27 Feb, 2011

Postby Gonga; Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:28 am Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

Also, any of the TAL delays will do great ping pongs.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
KVRist

Postby baba_anubis; Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:32 am Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

Gonga wrote:Also, any of the TAL delays will do great ping pongs.

I tried TAL Dub delay couldnt get simple pingpong delay...

whats the diffrence betweeb simple delay and dub delay?
ImageImageImage
KVRAF

4589 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:42 am Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

Maybe:

Bionic Delay - The Interruptor
KR Delay FS - KR Research
Ping Pong Delay - Expert Sleepers

I think when people say Dub delay they just mean a delay particular suited for 'dub' sounds (filtering in the feedback loop, maybe some tape delay-style time modulation etc).
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
KVRAF

5297 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Postby BERFAB; Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:30 am Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

If you're looking for a good way to get ping pong delay into your productions, with total control, here's a great technique that uses almost no CPU resources:

Take the track you want to delay and create two copies of it. Move copy 1 ahead 1/8 and pan hard left, and move copy 2 ahead 1/4 and pan hard right. Drop copy 1 fader about 50% and drop copy 2 fader about 75%. Listen to the track and adjust to taste. This will give you total control over the placement and volume of the delay. For a longer tail, just add more track copies and move them ahead in increments of 1/8.

This obviously is not useful in live situations, but can be extremely helpful in production.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...
KVRAF

6177 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:31 am Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

BERFAB wrote:If you're looking for a good way to get ping pong delay into your productions, with total control, here's a great technique that uses almost no CPU resources:

Take the track you want to delay and create two copies of it. Move copy 1 ahead 1/8 and pan hard left, and move copy 2 ahead 1/4 and pan hard right. Drop copy 1 fader about 50% and drop copy 2 fader about 75%. Listen to the track and adjust to taste. This will give you total control over the placement and volume of the delay. For a longer tail, just add more track copies and move them ahead in increments of 1/8.

This obviously is not useful in live situations, but can be extremely helpful in production.

Cheers
-B
Brilliant idea. And then go to town with different effects on each channel :hyper:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
KVRAF

5297 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Postby BERFAB; Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:04 am Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

Exactly! :D
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...
KVRist

Postby baba_anubis; Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:34 am Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

BERFAB wrote:If you're looking for a good way to get ping pong delay into your productions, with total control, here's a great technique that uses almost no CPU resources:

Cheers
-B

indeed really nice idea and useful

I wanted ping pong delay plugin so I can use it as sends effects, I will try the plugins, that was written here

thanks for the advice, if someone has more plugins please share :clown:
ImageImageImage
KVRAF

1561 posts since 17 Apr, 2001, from At the boundaries of time

Postby crimsonwarlock; Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:06 pm Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

No mention of ReaDelay yet, until now that is :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin

Using: Reaper and loads of freeware plugins
KVRist

Postby baba_anubis; Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:15 am Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

Tricky-Loops wrote:I'd recommend the KarmaFX Dee-lay - free, simple, easy to adjust and sounds so great that I still use it on every track... :love:

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/karmafx_dee_lay_by_karma_fx

can someone please help me set the karma delay effect so it will function as simple delay?

i want that the first delay will be completly on the left then completly on the right and so on...
I can`t make it happen with karma delay, althou its seems its possible, maybe i am missing somehing... :help:
ImageImageImage
KVRist

131 posts since 3 Feb, 2004, from bedroom

Postby hlmst; Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:20 am Re: looking for basic ping pong delay

blaukraut fx delay
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects